Injury Report: AV: Stepan out four to six weeks.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I expect the Rangers are going to recall a forward and I suppose that that forward might be Glass but there are other options. Gibbons, Megna, Adam.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I know it didn't and doesn't change anything but I'm a little happier that McI destroyed him for that after hearing this

McIlrath maybe got in one good punch. It wasn't a very good fight regardless... Saying he 'destroyed' the guy is an exaggeration and a mischaracterization of what transpired...

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
McIlrath maybe got in one good punch. It wasn't a very good fight regardless... Saying he 'destroyed' the guy is an exaggeration and a mischaracterization of what transpired...

Destroyed is a relative term. I saw around 4-5 jabs 2 overhand rights and a uppercut. They may look soft because we are not on the other end. Belevski is not a weak guy but all he really did was take punches with his face then lay on the ice.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

He got in maybe half a dozen left hand jabs and three or four nice punches while taking zero. This is the NHL in 2015. That's what a one sided fight looks like.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
He got in maybe half a dozen left hand jabs and three or four nice punches while taking zero. This is the NHL in 2015. That's what a one sided fight looks like.

Exaclty, Belesky didn't even get a shot in and more or less just turtled and hid his head for the whole (short) bout.

It's absolutely insane that we ended up shorthanded on that play. What a joke the reffing was today.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
yaaaaaaay -.-

Is it just me or is Stepan super freaking fragile?

This is a big test of adversity for this team. Let's see how they handle it.

Lets see. Broken leg in a freak accident in camp last year, Broken ribs on that hit here, and broken jaw in the 2014 cup which he had wired shut and missed only 1 game. I think its just you

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
That royally sucked :(

Really hope the team steps up in his absence... we sort of need them to...

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Stephan is a tough player and hasn't been injured much. He needs to start expecting these cheap shots. He could have minimized the impact but because it was late he didn't brace himself.
Mcilrath hit Belensky about six times,rag dolled him and humiliated him while Belensky missed with the only punch he attempted while trying to hide his face. Unless you require a concussion, facial injury or nasty cut for "destruction", he destroyed him.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Presuming that Stepan will be placed on retroactive IR. 10 games/24 days. Gives room for callup.”

Jan 8, 2012
NY
“@stevezipay: Presuming that Stepan will be placed on retroactive IR. 10 games/24 days. Gives room for callup.â€

And by callup, they mean Tanner Glass.

Can we do it Blackhawks style and bank a bunch of cap space to be able to afford a high-cap-hit rental?

mti79

May 11, 2007
How about you put Fast with Lindberg. They have some chemistry from Hartford.
Nash-Brass-Zucc
Kreider-Hayes-Miller (ouch)
Fast-Lindberg-Stalberg
Etem-Stoll-Moore

Although, I could also see something like
Nash-Brass-Zucc
Kreider-Lindberg-Hayes
Miller-Moore-Fast
Etem-Stoll-Stalberg

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Considering what he has played through, some of the hits he's remained in the game after, broken jaw and eating through a straw and still playing, I would say he's completely opposite of fragile.
Totally agree. The guy is a warrior.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad