Autograph Signings and Memorabilia Thread (Official Thread For Questions)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
National Sports Collectors Convention.

Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall.
Tomorrow and Sunday.
10am to 5pm.

I heard Marty may be there.
Def Devils stuff on sale.

$19 admission.

elias026

Jul 12, 2006
montreal
Me and a buddy are heading down to NJ for the weekend for the Friday and Saturday games. He wants to change the name on his Parise jersey to Hall is there a place the can do that in the area?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Has anyone on here had an autographed jersey professionally framed before? I've always wanted a signed Marty jersey, and I think I'm finally ready to commit, but I have a few questions:

- Where did you get it framed? (I'm currently looking at sportsdisplays.com)
- Is there anything I should do to protect the autograph? I plan to have the display come with UV protected glass, but could the fabric fade over time?
- I have an authentic CCM jersey from the 90's, but would the fight strap make the back of the jersey look bumpy?

I'm leaning towards going with sportsdisplays.com but the real dilemma right now is if I get it mounted full length, or if I go with their framing option to have only about half of the back displayed but also get to include a signed 8x10, 2 cards, and a nameplate. I like the idea of getting the authentic jersey displayed fully, but it would also be cool to have some additional memorabilia in the display as well.

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Has anyone on here had an autographed jersey professionally framed before? I've always wanted a signed Marty jersey, and I think I'm finally ready to commit, but I have a few questions:

- Where did you get it framed? (I'm currently looking at sportsdisplays.com)
- Is there anything I should do to protect the autograph? I plan to have the display come with UV protected glass, but could the fabric fade over time?
- I have an authentic CCM jersey from the 90's, but would the fight strap make the back of the jersey look bumpy?

I'm leaning towards going with sportsdisplays.com but the real dilemma right now is if I get it mounted full length, or if I go with their framing option to have only about half of the back displayed but also get to include a signed 8x10, 2 cards, and a nameplate. I like the idea of getting the authentic jersey displayed fully, but it would also be cool to have some additional memorabilia in the display as well.

I have to admit, their work looks nice. However, I'm far too cheap for that. I won a signed Andy Greene jersey from the vending machine the team set up in Newark Penn at the beginning of last season. Eventually got around to buying a display case from Michael's for $25 at a 50% discount (if you're not in a rush, most of their framing and display cases are eventually half off) and hung the jersey to the felt backing using the included pins. After several attempts, came out quite nicely with the full back of the jersey on display and the '6' from both sleeves largely visible.

Now have to customize a blank I have as a Greene since I did not want to wear the autographed one (Murphy's Law dictates that I would have promptly spilled something on it or otherwise ruined the signature).

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
I have to admit, their work looks nice. However, I'm far too cheap for that. I won a signed Andy Greene jersey from the vending machine the team set up in Newark Penn at the beginning of last season. Eventually got around to buying a display case from Michael's for $25 at a 50% discount (if you're not in a rush, most of their framing and display cases are eventually half off) and hung the jersey to the felt backing using the included pins. After several attempts, came out quite nicely with the full back of the jersey on display and the '6' from both sleeves largely visible.

Now have to customize a blank I have as a Greene since I did not want to wear the autographed one (Murphy's Law dictates that I would have promptly spilled something on it or otherwise ruined the signature).

Yeah I might as well look into that. I certainly don't want to just burn cash on this project, but I also don't plan to frame any other jersey so I may bite the bullet.

Does the bottom of your jersey show in the case? Or did you have to fold it up to have it fit nicely?

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
Yeah I might as well look into that. I certainly don't want to just burn cash on this project, but I also don't plan to frame any other jersey so I may bite the bullet.

Does the bottom of your jersey show in the case? Or did you have to fold it up to have it fit nicely?

It is just held up by the four pins visible at the top and a few more hidden around on the sides. The display case is ~2 inches deep so the jersey is not really flattened out in there.

Here is how it came out:

For the record, I have the end of season poster of the otherwise bleh 2013-2014 squad hanging above it because I was able to get a Jagr signature after waiting an additional hour for him to emerge from the arena after the rest of the players were gone.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Do the Devils have a game used deal with any of the major companies? I'm thinking about possibly starting up a little collection of game used pucks from a game I've been to in every NHL arena. Steiner has a deal with the Rangers and Meigray does stuff with the Flyers but I'm finding it tough to track down other teams such as the Devils, Islanders, Capitals, Bruins, etc. It's possible that they just don't even bother selling game used pucks but I figured I'd ask and if anyone has any info on the other teams let me know too. Thanks.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Do the Devils have a game used deal with any of the major companies? I'm thinking about possibly starting up a little collection of game used pucks from a game I've been to in every NHL arena. Steiner has a deal with the Rangers and Meigray does stuff with the Flyers but I'm finding it tough to track down other teams such as the Devils, Islanders, Capitals, Bruins, etc. It's possible that they just don't even bother selling game used pucks but I figured I'd ask and if anyone has any info on the other teams let me know too. Thanks.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/ser...&catLevel=1&catParentID=4542&oldParentID=4213

CertainShadeOfGreene

Oct 8, 2010
Westchester
is there a toys for tots donation this year with All American Ford and the Devils like the previous few years? Or something similar?
I think it's been in Hackensack and also Old Bridge different years if I remember correctly.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wrong thread.

This damn computer always directs me to the sticky threads at the top of the page.

Last edited:

devsman84

Jul 13, 2016

Just saw this and for game used pucks, it depends on the team. I know Meigray has game used puck deals with Columbus, Philly, Dallas and I think Washington (might be wrong on that). As for the Devils, their game used pucks are not done by anyone, and it is anyone's guess as to where those go.

You can get goal scored pucks by Devils players through Meigray, but those are away games at the teams above that have a goal/game puck contract with Meigray.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Sports Minded Unlimited
Joining Miles Wood on Sunday April 2nd will be his Dad Randy Wood who played 12 years in the NHL mostly for the Islanders !! One FREE Randy Wood autograph with every Miles Wood ticket bought ( $20 per autograph )

16265617_10154898534027380_6721416026911560076_n.jpg

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Selling my Devils memorabilia. Been collecting since the late 80s. Pm me for details. Figured I would give you guys first crack before eBay.

debplaceyonice

May 14, 2015
Looking for a Taylor Hall Bobblehead if anyone has an extra.

Have an extra Henrique or an extra Patty's last lap poster if anyone wants to trade

Oct 5, 2007
New Brunswick,NJ
Been a long time since I posted. I have a game used John Vanbiesbrouck goalie stick, signed by the entire Rangers team from the early 90s. I am looking to sell it but I'm not sure what the value would be. I also don't have a COA as it was gotten at a season ticket holder autograph event. Anybody know what a good price would be or where i can obtain a COA?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Just saw this and for game used pucks, it depends on the team. I know Meigray has game used puck deals with Columbus, Philly, Dallas and I think Washington (might be wrong on that). As for the Devils, their game used pucks are not done by anyone, and it is anyone's guess as to where those go.

You can get goal scored pucks by Devils players through Meigray, but those are away games at the teams above that have a goal/game puck contract with Meigray.

Cycling back here way late but apparently the Devils have a goal puck program through Fanatics now as of this season based on what some people have said. I believe the jersey deal is still with Meigray.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
For those big into autograph signings like me, Sports Minded Unlimited in Warren has plenty scheduled this year. Great small business who treats the fans who show up very well.

Damon Severson - 11/26, $20 per autograph
Miles Wood - 12/17, $20 per autograph
Adam Henrique - 1/14, $25 per autograph, $10 per inscription
Drew Stafford - 2/4, $20 per autograph
JASON ARNOTT - 2/25, $30 per autograph, $10 per inscription.

What's great is this means to me that Arnie is going to be there for Patty's ceremony since it's the day after. :) He was one of my favorites growing up and the reason I wore #25 in hockey when I played. I never thought I'd get a chance to get my Arnott jersey autographed so I'm stoked.

The manager there has also mentioned they're trying to get Sykora in this year as well.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
For those big into autograph signings like me, Sports Minded Unlimited in Warren has plenty scheduled this year. Great small business who treats the fans who show up very well.

Damon Severson - 11/26, $20 per autograph
Miles Wood - 12/17, $20 per autograph
Adam Henrique - 1/14, $25 per autograph, $10 per inscription
Drew Stafford - 2/4, $20 per autograph
JASON ARNOTT - 2/25, $30 per autograph, $10 per inscription.

What's great is this means to me that Arnie is going to be there for Patty's ceremony since it's the day after. :) He was one of my favorites growing up and the reason I wore #25 in hockey when I played. I never thought I'd get a chance to get my Arnott jersey autographed so I'm stoked.

The manager there has also mentioned they're trying to get Sykora in this year as well.
Went to their Will Butcher auto signing a week or two back. Great owners, the signings run pretty smooth, and best of all, they have a ton of Devils stuff available. Like, probably over 50% of everything there is Devils. And they have a ton there to get autographed. On their Facebook, they show off some of the custom pucks that they made and get signed. Really cool stuff, definitely recommend heading down there for their signings

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Having gone to a couple of signings there in the past, also cannot say enough positive things about Sports Minded and those that run/work there. Great down to earth people and a cool mom and pop type shop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->