Autograph Signings and Memorabilia Thread (Official Thread For Questions)

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Cool, was Brunner as friendly as he seems?

Yep, he was very kind for the interview. Even if he didn't speak french :laugh:

I made a lot of interviews for a french website and the most friendly guys were the Swedes (Nyquist is great, very funny ! Möller as well, and Klasen was cool) and Huberdeau.
Overall, all players were nice. They fought 60 minutes, came in sweat but still took long minutes to speak to medias, sometimes saying the same things all over again with great patience.

The coachs were nice as well. Laviolette and Tippett were nice, Westerlund (FIN) very funny.
The lone exception was Simpson (SWI), didn't find him very nice.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Sports Minded Unlimited
8 mins
Thank you to everybody who came to today's signing!!!! Chico stayed for nearly 5 hours and signed every autograph and spent most of his time talking hockey with all of you tremendous fans. What a great guy!!

snartly

Dec 10, 2011
NJ
My Jon Merrill card collection

Not too sure what type of reception this will get, since this is not much of a card-based forum, but why not! These are all the cards of Merrill I have so far from his rookie year. There are still 3 products to be coming up (Upper Deck Ultimate Collection, Panini National Treasures, and Upper Deck The Cup.) Hope you guys enjoy, and sorry mods if I should have posted this someplace else.

Let the show begin:

Pre-NHL Cards

SP Game Used

SPX

Series 2

Fleer Showcase

Totally Certified

Playbook

Spring Expo

Rookie Anthology

SP Authentic

Last edited:

snartly

Dec 10, 2011
NJ
It's a shame you'll never own the emerald tag 1/1 from Totally Certified

So you know of the other Merrill collector I presume. Yeah, he got that one... Still mad at how the seller misspelled his name in the ebay listing. It's JON, not JOHN.

Tedenboozled

Mar 4, 2011
So you know of the other Merrill collector I presume. Yeah, he got that one... Still mad at how the seller misspelled his name in the ebay listing. It's JON, not JOHN.

That's rough... the best part of when that happens is that the cards are usually cheaper, as well. That's why I usually search for Matthias Tedenby first :nod:

Interesting to see you have a few cards that I actually bid on and immediately proceeded to get outpriced :laugh: Great collection, 1/1 or not.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
I've made a killing on ebay searching for Zack Parise, Patrick Elias and Martin Broduer. Gotta cover your bases

So basically there's a Merrill card edition that has only 1 made and someone else bought it? Just trying to follow along here...

Also, outstanding collection Snartly. That must've taken a lot of time to get...

That would be correct :)

snartly

Dec 10, 2011
NJ
Thanks for all the response guys. Glad most of you enjoy seeing this.

I have been spending a lot of time trying to get all of his cards, even though that is basically impossible. It has taken a lot of money out of my wallet to boot, but I enjoy collecting him.

I met him at all three Devil's events last season, along at Sports Minded Unlimited. I'm pretty sure at this point, I am recognized by him as the "Chipotle guy," since I remember hearing about how he loved Chipotle (Who doesn't?) So, at the second event (Open practice) I gave him a Chipotle gift card, just as a joke. He had a good laugh about it, and ever since then, he has recognized me. That was when I really started collecting all of his cards, and searching on card forums for them.

I haven't showed him the collection, but I'm pretty sure he would just be weirded out by something like this.

Baggy Spandex

The Nightman Cometh
Mar 5, 2008
Fake Rangerfanville
25w8.jpg

Tedenboozled

Mar 4, 2011
Thanks for all the response guys. Glad most of you enjoy seeing this.

I have been spending a lot of time trying to get all of his cards, even though that is basically impossible. It has taken a lot of money out of my wallet to boot, but I enjoy collecting him.

I met him at all three Devil's events last season, along at Sports Minded Unlimited. I'm pretty sure at this point, I am recognized by him as the "Chipotle guy," since I remember hearing about how he loved Chipotle (Who doesn't?) So, at the second event (Open practice) I gave him a Chipotle gift card, just as a joke. He had a good laugh about it, and ever since then, he has recognized me. That was when I really started collecting all of his cards, and searching on card forums for them.

I haven't showed him the collection, but I'm pretty sure he would just be weirded out by something like this.

9a0b20d241dade69da72592d64f7025a.jpg

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Cool collection. It's too bad I didn't keep up with collecting cards through middle school. I can't remember when I exactly stopped, but I have a pretty decent size Marty collection. I wonder if they'll be valuable at some point in the future.

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Nice collection! That is great you have so many. Hopefully the guys with the one you are missing makes a deal with you.

I miss my card collecting days. Too many brands and "chase" cards these days for my tastes.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was thinking WTF? After seeing the Rangers cards, thinking Merrill was on a Rangers card. Then I realized it was JT Miller. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->