Autograph Signings and Memorabilia Thread (Official Thread For Questions)

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
Just went to the Team Skate last night. Got Brodeur, Schneider, Zajac, Brunner, Gionta & Jagr to sign my jersey.

Never thought of it until I got all their autographs, but how can I get my jersey clean if God forbids something happen to it?

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Just went to the Team Skate last night. Got Brodeur, Schneider, Zajac, Brunner, Gionta & Jagr to sign my jersey.

Never thought of it until I got all their autographs, but how can I get my jersey clean if God forbids something happen to it?

That is awesome. Damn, I wish I lied up there. Jagr doesn't like to sign stuff much. Many people in Dallas tried to catch him while he was on the Stars and had no luck. If I remember right, he always told them he was in a hurry or something

You should be able to wash it. I have a signed jersey that I washed many times. If it was done with a black sharpie, it won't come off. However, I'd keep the washing to a minimum.

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
That is awesome. Damn, I wish I lied up there. Jagr doesn't like to sign stuff much. Many people in Dallas tried to catch him while he was on the Stars and had no luck. If I remember right, he always told them he was in a hurry or something

You should be able to wash it. I have a signed jersey that I washed many times. If it was done with a black sharpie, it won't come off. However, I'd keep the washing to a minimum.

I'm guessing dry-clean is out of the question? Or dry-cleaners are able to do it?

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I have two jerseys signed by Jagr. The first time I met him, I was wearing a Jagr jersey. I asked him to sign the # - it was so loud, he couldn't hear me well. Instead, he signed the shoulder area. He then told me it looked terrible - it did not come out good. He resigned the jersey on the #.

But, it always bugged me about the screw up.

I later got another Flyers jersey signed a year later when he was in Dallas, and that one is hung up.

I tried bleach sticks several times on the sharpie on the shoulder of the jersey with the messup. It will not come out, or even lighten (it's on the white jersey - I used the Clorox bleach stick on it several times, and washed it). I finally gave up and just wore that jersey - washing it on occasion.

If all that didn't effect the autograph (I tried the bleach stick like 6 or 7 times - plus its been washed other times after wearing it to games), then you can certainly wash yours.

I have now framed that second jersey (the one with the messup). But, I had to get creative. So, I put the sleve up to cover the screw up .

(Signed Max Talbot stick above the jersey)
2-100_zps6bd5fcc4.jpg~original

And, my favorite one with no mess ups :)

room109_zps3c5d9c85.jpg~original

Last edited:

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Hey guys, anyone ever tried getting autos after a morning skate or team practice? How did it work out and where would I wait?

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I have two jerseys signed by Jagr. The first time I met him, I was wearing a Jagr jersey. I asked him to sign the # - it was so loud, he couldn't hear me well. Instead, he signed the shoulder area. He then told me it looked terrible - it did not come out good. He resigned the jersey on the #.

But, it always bugged me about the screw up.

I later got another Flyers jersey signed a year later when he was in Dallas, and that one is hung up.

I tried bleach sticks several times on the sharpie on the shoulder of the jersey with the messup. It will not come out, or even lighten (it's on the white jersey - I used the Clorox bleach stick on it several times, and washed it). I finally gave up and just wore that jersey - washing it on occasion.

If all that didn't effect the autograph (I tried the bleach stick like 6 or 7 times - plus its been washed other times after wearing it to games), then you can certainly wash yours.

I have now framed that second jersey (the one with the messup). But, I had to get creative. So, I put the sleve up to cover the screw up - and did the other side to match it.

(Signed Max Talbot stick above the jersey)
jagr1_zpse90b6e8c.jpg~original

And, my favorite one with no mess ups :)

room109_zps3c5d9c85.jpg~original

Nice jersey. What a majestic autograph Jaromir has.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Hey guys, anyone ever tried getting autos after a morning skate or team practice? How did it work out and where would I wait?

This is the easiest time to get autos. There will be at worst 5-10 other fans there so everybody will stop. Wait between the practice rink and the parking garage -- the players will exit there.

That's where I usually get most of my stuff signed. And yes, Jagr is very picky about signing autographs. I just had him sign an 8x10 devils logo and he stared at me for a while then said, "this will be only time I sign for you." Lol I went to their first practice during the Olympic break and talked to Zajac about Sioux hockey for like 10 minutes.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
This is the easiest time to get autos. There will be at worst 5-10 other fans there so everybody will stop. Wait between the practice rink and the parking garage -- the players will exit there.

That's where I usually get most of my stuff signed. And yes, Jagr is very picky about signing autographs. I just had him sign an 8x10 devils logo and he stared at me for a while then said, "this will be only time I sign for you." Lol I went to their first practice during the Olympic break and talked to Zajac about Sioux hockey for like 10 minutes.

Thanks, sounds awesome!

Do you know what time usually you should be there?

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
VIP Private Practice

Got an email today about VIP Private Practice. First time I'm going to an event like this. Anyone knows how long they're going to practice for? Email says doors open at 10:30 am and there will be a 1 hour private autograph session after the practice.

StevensCheck104

Apr 12, 2010
Lodi
Got an email today about VIP Private Practice. First time I'm going to an event like this. Anyone knows how long they're going to practice for? Email says doors open at 10:30 am and there will be a 1 hour private autograph session after the practice.

usually its a standard practice...probably gonna be 1hr to 1hr 1/2...once practice ends they'll herd us into the arena and lets hang out til the guys are done showering and then parade them out

Irenka

May 14, 2013
Hello, I am going to my first game at Prudential Center tomorrow and I would like some advice on what is the best time to meet the players on the day of the game? Do they practice in the morning? Or is after the game better? I read that the place to wait is before the VIP garage, is that accurate? Thank you very much for your advice, I am Czech and I would very much like to meet Jagr, I hope he will stop for me!

Any advice much appreciated!

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Hello, I am going to my first game at Prudential Center tomorrow and I would like some advice on what is the best time to meet the players on the day of the game? Do they practice in the morning? Or is after the game better? I read that the place to wait is before the VIP garage, is that accurate? Thank you very much for your advice, I am Czech and I would very much like to meet Jagr, I hope he will stop for me!

Any advice much appreciated!

Any luck?

ThePSEGPowerPoster

LOSER POINTS!
Feb 23, 2013
Jagr on autographs: http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...eve_autograph_seekers_who_become_sellers.html

Such a great read.

“I don’t mind to sign for the real fans, but I hate those people who are making money on it,” Jagr told NJ.com. “They get autographs, then sell them for big money. They just make it bad for real fans.”

Jagr’s been dealing with this for years and never gets used to it.

“I see those people, the same people who are signing for business and sometimes it’s ridiculous what they’ll do,” he said. “They’ll hire little kids. It’s a cheap way to use players to make money.

“Some people are real fans and want to get something signed, but others want to use you for their advantage. You tell them sometimes that you’re not signing for them, but they’re not embarrassed and they keep coming back. They’ve got the attitude. You throw them out the door, they come from the window.”

Devils winger Dainius Zubrus smiled hearing what Jagr said.

“I don’t think I have the same problem as Jags does,” Zubrus said before breaking into a laugh.

The wait was up to an hour, but Jagr flashed a big smile for every picture, made small talk with fans and signed his name slowly enough that his autograph, unlike others nowadays, could be read.

“I understand real fans want an autograph and a picture, and I’ve got no problem with that,” Jagr said. “Sometimes you’re signing so long that it makes you tired, but they’re our fans and I don’t mind signing for the real fans.”

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Hey guys, looking to get some autos after practice tomorrow. Around what time should I wait between the practice rink and parking garage?

Prompt answers are appreciated!

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Jagr wasn't in a great mood today either. Also at a signing earlier this year he refused to sit down and start until he had 25k in cash handed to his handler.

And there's nothing legible about his signature other than the Js

ajdevjet

we got 3
Aug 20, 2013
In your face !
Damn I remember when they used to practice at south mountain.....I used to get them coming off the ice I got Kenny d , Johnny Mac , Scott needs , Marty on cards and Larry Robinson on the cover of sports Ill in 2000 when we won , I hear they don't let the public in anymore that sucks because it's really cool to see pros practice ahhh memories

DangleSnipeCelly

Formerly KupsforKovy
Jan 30, 2010
Rockaway
Jagr gave me and my gf dirtly looks when we walked up to him at one of the m&g events and had him sign 8x10s. I understand what they are thinking. If I was a big name like Jags or Marty I would be the same way. Im not going to be like everyone else and get the crest of a jersey signed because I hate how it looks. I am not going to get a jersey of every player made to have them signed on the back. I want the 8x10s and 20x16s for my mancave/room. I am at these events as a fan, as where most people. You do find your guys that clearly bought tix from someone that plan to sell the autographs. One guy comes to mind that looks like he hasn't showered since the last time it rained and he was outside in it. Looks like the one fat , bald pirate from the Pirates of the Caribbean. But dont give us a sour puss look when you are given an 8x10. I remember when they used to have the players 8x10 picture there already and you just walked up to them and got one.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Looking to sell my devil memorabilia collection. Valued at $250. Willin to sell for $100 firm. Pm or email [email protected] for pics. I live in Toronto and will be in jersey Saturday morning coming up. We can meet up. Taking 80 to the 287. To the parkway. Can also take route 24 if easier to meet somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad