Auto-Mock Draft 1rst and 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rather Gingerly 1*

jas said:
Remember also that, this draft did not incl;ude the compensation pick from Edmonton (the Leetch pick), which will probably be at #40. Also, the Rangers will most receive a compensatory pick for not signing Umberger by June 1, which will be 46th.

I know...I feel ripped off. I'm not a Rangers fan and didn't know about the third and fourth round picks being traded away. I'm sure I could have got another couple of real good prospects.

jincargo

Jan 28, 2004
Boomhower said:
01. Washington Capitals (Balej): Alexander Ovechkin
27. Washington Capitals (BOS) (Balej): T.J. Hensick
30. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): Adam Pineault
33. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): Kirill Lyamin
57. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): David Booth
That is one hell of a first day draft class! Wow. Hensick, Pineaut and Booth would surprise me that early since GMGM isnt much of a College drafter (although he did end up taking 3 of them last season..one being a USHS player in Robertson)

Evan McGrath would work with that 30th pick.

Krill Lyamin is my guy for either the end of the first or that 33rd pick that he was selected in this mock. With Semin and then Ovechkin and then Laymin...the Capitals Russian "Mafia" would be starting to take shape (not to mention Riazantsev, Nepriayev, Ignatuchkin, Schadilov, and Ternavsky all still in the system)

Draft Day is going to be something else...especially when the Caps start wheeling and dealing to move up!! Wes O,Neill here we come!!!

:banana:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Cayouche5 said:
1rst Round
01. Washington Capitals (Balej): Alexander Ovechkin

02. Pittsburgh Penguins (Jaded-Fan): Evegeni Malkin

03. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): Cam Barker

04. Columbus BlueJackets (------): Rotislav Olesz
Rotislav was the BPA available, It was Schremp or Olesz in my mind and after some good reflexin I go for Olesz. Cause he is the safest pick and CBJ already have a flashy player in Zherdev.

05. Phoenix Coyotes (Dan): Lauri Tukonen

06. NewYork Rangers (Rather Gingerly 1): Robbie Schremp

07. Florida Panthers (Jaded-Fan): Wojtek Wolski

08. Carolina Hurricanes (emile): A.J. Thelen

09. Anaheim MightyDucks (------): Andrew Ladd
Once Again I did draft the BPA, I didn't know the needs of Anaheim very well so i drafted with the best strategy. Ladd is a potential power foward who works hard in the corners and can put the puck in the net.

10. Atlanta Thrashers (VernonForrest): Drew Stafford

11. LosAngeles Kings (emile): Marek Schwarz

12. Minnesota Wild (Cayouche5): Alexandre Picard
For Minnesota Picard and Stafford was on the top of my list and with Drew gone, Picard was the obvious choice. With Brent Burns back on Defense I think the Wilds need another foward and than draft a Defense with 2nd or 3rd pick.

13. Buffalo Sabres (------): Mike Green

14. Edmonton Oilers (Seachd): Alvaro Montoya

15. Nashville Predators (Brock): Wes O'Neill

16. NewYork Islanders (JNRhockeyGURU): Kyle Chipchura

17. Saint-Louis Blues (Prussian Blue): Jeff Schultz

18. Montreal Canadiens (Cayouche5): Boris Valabik
The guy i really wanted for the Habs was Thelen but i knew he will not be availale at 18th. I Think the habs still needs some good prospects at defense, Hainsey is still struggling , I hope he will make the team next season, Komisarek is good but he can't do the job alone. So on the top of my list was a guy, Boris Valabik who play with Kitchener, a monster at defense not much offense abilities but still a rock at defense and he play with a mean streak, at 6'6 he is exactly what the habs need.

19. Calgary Flames (Avalanche 26): Bruce Graham

20. Dallas Stars (-------): Ladislav Smid
I think The stars needs some Sniper buton the top of my list for them there was #1.Ladislav Smid and #2 Jakub Sindel. I choose Smid cause he was the best player available and the stars will not mind adding some good prospects at defense

21. Colorado Avalanches (TopGun): Andrej Meszaros

22. NewJersey Devils (Jason MacIsaac): Enver Lisin

23. Edmonton Oilers (PHI) (Seachd): Alexander Radulov

24. Vancouver Canucks (Fedz): Lukas Kaspar

25. Ottawa Senators (PrussianBlue): David Bolland

26. NewYork Rangers (TOR) (Rather Gingerly 1): Johan Fransson

27. Washington Capitals (BOS) (Balej): T.J. Hensick

28. SanJose Sharks (X-SHARKIE): Johannes Salomonsson

29. TampaBay Lightnings (TopGun): Devan Dubnyk

30. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): Adam Pineault

2nd Round
31. Pittsburgh Penguins (Jaded-Fan): Vaclav Meidl

32. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): Evan McGrath

33. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): Kirill Lyamin

34. Dallas Stars (-----): Jakub Sindel
What a suprise when we saw Sindel still available at 34. With no hesitation I pick him for them. A pure sniper, exactly what they need.

35. Phoenix Coyotes (Dan): Travis Zajac

36. NewYork Rangers (Rather Gingerly 1): Carl Soderberg

37. NewYork Rangers (FLO) (Rather Gingerly 1): Blake Wheeler

38. Carolina Hurricanes (emile): Ryan Garlock

39. Anaheim MightyDucks (------): Sami Lepisto
Once again i didn't know who to pick for anaheim so I drafted the BPA. Lepisto a puck mover defenseman who fall a bit. I Thought he will not pass the 1rst round.

40. Atlanta Thrashers (VernonForrest): Mark Fistric

41. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): David Krejci

42. Minnesota Wild (Cayouche5): Oscar Hedman
With a Foward in the first, the instructions was a Defense in the firts unless some fowards are available so Oscar Hedman was IMO the best Defense available and on the top of my list so no difficult choice here for the wilds

43. Buffalo Sabres (-----): Adam Berti
Don't know what to say, I go with BPA. Muck like Anaheim I don't know their need and Berti was a player who was rated to go in the 1rst round so at 43 i think he's a good pick for the Sabres.

44. Edmonton Oilers (Seachd): Petteri Nokelainen

45. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): Petr Pohl

46. NewYork Islanders (JNRhockeyGURU): Cory Schneider

47. Saint-Louis Blues (Prussian Blue): Aki Seitsonen

48. NewYork Rangers (TOR) (Rather Gingerly 1): Bryan Bickell

49. Florida Panthers (Jaded-Fan): Sergei Ogorodnikov

50. Chicago BlackHawks (HAWKSWINHAKWSWIN): David Laliberte

51. Colorado Avalanches (TopGun): David Shantz

52. Phoenix Coyotes (Dan): Roman Tesyluk

53. Phoenix Coyotes (Dan): Roman Voloshenko

54. Pittsburgh Penguins (Jaded-Fan): Kyle Wharton

55. Ottawa Senators (PrussianBlue): Julien Ellis

56. Carolina Hurricanes (emile): Michael Funk

57. Washington Capitals (DET) (Balej): David Booth

58. SanJose Sharks (X-SHARKIE): Kris Chucko

59. TampaBay Lightnings (TopGun): Brett Carson

60. Boston Bruins (DET) (Swervedriver): Martins Karsums

Who's your :
1.Biggest Steal
2.Biggest Suprise
3.Best Draft so Far

Mine is
1. 57.David Booth ( Wash )
2. 17.Jeff Schultz ( STL )
3. Washington

I wrote some comments for my teams.
if you want me to add comments to explain your pick or your mistake just send it to me and I'll add it.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If the Hawks did take Barker at #3 THEN based on who you had still on the board in round two (of course there will be comp picks thrown by the mid40's which would probably take some of the opportunities you still had available off the board for the 2nd last 2 picks the Hawks have in the round) --then I disagree with your selections for the Hawks in round two:My choices for the Hawks' 4 picks in in round 2 :

#32 TRAVIS ZAJAC over McGrath = bigger centre...scoring+grit..

#41 CORY SCHNEIDER ......Hawks loaded with goalie prospects--why another one?
Because with 4 picks in the round 1 will be a goalie--you can never have too many outstanding goalies in the system --they become tradeable assets down the line...
He or David Shantz would be the BPA in this spot if Dubnyk is already off the boardas you have in round one...

#45 ROMAN VOLOSHENKO ........cannot believe he would fall this far--but they would take a wing since they took Zajac at centre earlier in the round---in any case,Krecji is too small...Voloshenko is a great "finisher"...

#50 MICHAEL FUNK .......another good big D-prospect from the Dub...

I like these selections better than the guys you picked which IMO would be a horrible 2nd round for the Hawks ...on the other hand if I came out of the draft with Barker,Zajac,Schneider,Voloshenko and Funk =I'll take that haul anyday!

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
hawksfan50 said:
I like these selections better than the guys you picked which IMO would be a horrible 2nd round for the Hawks

But remember... we didn't make these picks. We ranked the players, and they were picked for us based on our rankings. It's easier to look back at it and say, "I'd take him and him," but that's not the way this worked.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Cayouche5 said:
Not really, I'll try to explain,
Almost everyone have 2 teams, ( MTL and MINN for me ) but nobody took Dallas so i took them, so basicly i did 3 list.

Thanks :) Thats what I figured but it also sounded ambigious so I wasnt sure how you drafted.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Seachd said:
But remember... we didn't make these picks. We ranked the players, and they were picked for us based on our rankings. It's easier to look back at it and say, "I'd take him and him," but that's not the way this worked.

Yep I thought it was a good concept and produced a realistic looking draft with slides, reaches and unknowns.

NHL teams go into the draft with a list done in advance that they stick to rigidly - like all those picking here.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
I know...I feel ripped off. I'm not a Rangers fan and didn't know about the third and fourth round picks being traded away. I'm sure I could have got another couple of real good prospects.

You had 2 x 1sts and 3 x 2nds - five picks in the first two rounds.. how can you feel ripped off? :)

Rather Gingerly 1*

Stevex said:
You had 2 x 1sts and 3 x 2nds - five picks in the first two rounds.. how can you feel ripped off? :)

I could have gotten even more good prospects if I had the rest of my own picks

Staalwart

Feb 24, 2004
As a Ranger fan, if the do as well on draft day as you did, i will not feel ripped off.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Bouwmeester4 said:
Florida has 2 picks in the 2nd RD
I don't think so. They have Calgary's from the Nilson trade, but they gave up their own in the Nedorost deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad