Injury Report: Auston Matthews - Shoulder - Mystery timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Don't like the comments about the shoulder likely not going to be 100% the rest of the year. That's not good. Really hope it doesn't become a chronic thing...

Reactions: saffronleaf

NotNeutralFan

Jul 4, 2017
Selanne scored 76 goals without kariya and ovechkin had a 50 goal season without backstrom lol.
Why do people need to tear down another player to talk up one? So goofy man. Both are good, and no single player wins a cup. Pointless to bring cups into a player vs player conversation .
100% agree. Teams win cups. Leafs got a very good young core that will most likely bring the cup to Toronto, with or without Mathews.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
So he'll end up getting 10 games to warm up if he comes back on Tuesday.

That's more than enough as long as he doesn't reinjure it.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Don't like the comments about the shoulder likely not going to be 100% the rest of the year. That's not good. Really hope it doesn't become a chronic thing...

I took it to be that no one is "healthy" this time of year (and i bet if there were more games he'd probably rest it more). with only 10 games to go, i bet he wants to get some touches and get his legs under him.

I don't think ti would be chronic either. just time and rest after we win the cup.

Reactions: Elephanto

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I took it to be that no one is "healthy" this time of year (and i bet if there were more games he'd probably rest it more). with only 10 games to go, i bet he wants to get some touches and get his legs under him.

I don't think ti would be chronic either. just time and rest after we win the cup.

Yeah I agree. I really hope he takes as much time as he needs.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's situations like this that make me feel glad we have a new management. I'm 100% confident that Matthews is in the best hands
If anything at least when Matthews returned from his previous injuries the coaching staff and management knew it was the right time, seeing as he scored 2 goals against Montreal after his first injury and 1 goal against the Rangers after his concussion.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I agree he's in good hands. White jersey just means he can take some contact, it's been long enough obviously they wouldn't risk more damage. Still, I would keep him out of games until we go through a little losing streak. We aren't going to catch Boston or Tampa for home ice advantage. Maybe play him the last 5 of the last 10 games just to get his conditioning into game tempo. We are winning, we will clinch after a few more wins, I'd even keep Andersen out at least 4 more games out of the last 10 to give a little rest.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Once you hurt something, nothing is ever 100%. I have faith the doctors know what they are doing and its fine for Matthews to come back whenever he does.

MacH86

Nov 7, 2016
I agree he's in good hands. White jersey just means he can take some contact, it's been long enough obviously they wouldn't risk more damage. Still, I would keep him out of games until we go through a little losing streak. We aren't going to catch Boston or Tampa for home ice advantage. Maybe play him the last 5 of the last 10 games just to get his conditioning into game tempo. We are winning, we will clinch after a few more wins, I'd even keep Andersen out at least 4 more games out of the last 10 to give a little rest.

Why would you hold back your best player who is medically ready and eager to be playing? These guys are like trained thorough breed horses which need to be raced and not prancing around the stable (press box) or they become lame (Rusty).

His conditioning is up to game tempo but he needs to get his hands-eye coordination up to his standard which may take a few games.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Once you hurt something, nothing is ever 100%. I have faith the doctors know what they are doing and its fine for Matthews to come back whenever he does.

Well. I mean, I guess...99% will do, it's not clear it was even a devastating injury. Malkin tore his ACL before his 2012 season, has had countless other injuries since and look at the season he is having at 31.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Since Matthews was on the road with them when they played in Buffalo I guess that was a good sign he was close to returning.
I think Babs had said he went down there to get a couple of extra hard practices under his belt. I wonder how much of it is conditioning vs being hurt right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad