Injury Report: Auston Matthews - Shoulder - Mystery timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Placid Perspicuity

Apr 19, 2016
I dont like the fact that Laine will beat him this year in points. O well. Crap happens. Get well soon Auston.

I know what you mean, but I personally think that it's time we stopped looking at individual stats and comparing them to other teams' players. How much of this "competition" with Laine is motivated by the garbage we see on this site, and how much is based on wanting to see the Leafs be the best? I used to care more about scoring leaders and such when that was all I had to look forward to. Not anymore. We have a good team that is growing into one of the best ones in the league. I'm enjoying that, and not worrying about the fans of other teams pretending that our guys are somehow inferior to theirs.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I know what you mean, but I personally think that it's time we stopped looking at individual stats and comparing them to other teams' players. How much of this "competition" with Laine is motivated by the garbage we see on this site, and how much is based on wanting to see the Leafs be the best? I used to care more about scoring leaders and such when that was all I had to look forward to. Not anymore. We have a good team that is growing into one of the best ones in the league. I'm enjoying that, and not worrying about the fans of other teams pretending that our guys are somehow inferior to theirs.
:clap:

Reactions: Placid Perspicuity

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
This Laine vs Matthews debate really needs to stop. They are two drastically different players.

Laine is a sniper that doesn't drive a line, he is fed and fed often.....and he finishes. He scores the majority of his goals on the PP, and plays more on the PP then Matthews ever does. Most of Matthews points are accumulated 5v5.

Laine is a Selanne. Without Kariya he is nothing. Same as Ovechkin!!!! Without Backstrom feeding him hes nothing. These are pure scorers and that is it.

Matthews will lead his team to a Stanley Cup hopefully one day. Laine will be like Ovechkin and Selanne always scorings but no cups. Unfortunately there are only so many Gretzky's for the Kurri types out there. But there are only so many Crosby's, McDavid's, and possibly Matthews that will single handidly win your team a cup!!!

End of discussion !!!! Mic DROP

Reactions: kesleaf

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Despite being a fan of a rival team, I hate seeing good young talent on the shelf, no matter who they play for. Both the league and your team need to have this kid playing every night and showing what he can do. Here's to a speedy recovery.
thx bro same with bergeron and mcavoy

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hey they're just making sure Matthews is rested enough so that he can lead the team through the playoffs AND have the strength to lift the cup at the end of it all

:sarcasm:

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Eichel’s first game back today, Matthews going to be getting back soon. Will be nice to get to see them face off again this year.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Rushing back is insane. And he seems to be rushing it.
Players always want to play, hopefully our medical staff/management are much more cautious. We're basically locked into 3rd place, agreed that there's zero reason to rush him back. It'd be nice for him to get a few games in before the playoffs, but other than that, who cares?

You don't f*** around with shoulder injuries, they can EASILY be recurring (in fact, it seems like this one already is, heavy rumours that at least one of Matthews' earlier "upper body injuries" was the same shoulder). If our management bring him back while it's still bothering him, they're insane. Wait until it feels 100% for at least a few consecutive days.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Laine is a Selanne. Without Kariya he is nothing. Same as Ovechkin!!!! Without Backstrom feeding him hes nothing. These are pure scorers and that is it.

End of discussion !!!! Mic DROP

Selanne scored 76 goals without kariya and ovechkin had a 50 goal season without backstrom lol.
Why do people need to tear down another player to talk up one? So goofy man. Both are good, and no single player wins a cup. Pointless to bring cups into a player vs player conversation .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad