Auston Matthews Scoring Pace

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
They have one of my favorite young player, a guy called marner so jealous, no knock on mathews hes a beast, a man on a mission, but man that marner kid, is dangles, is passes, hes awesome to watch play, well not againts the habs do.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
In this instance, are we assuming that McDavid doesn't count as a "young player"?
No he does, I just think Matthews is better overall. Conner is extremely talented and probably the fastest skater since Bure but Matthews does everything at a high level, Conner just can't compete when it comes to shooting, board work or defensive zone play, When I watch Auston play I see a hard to play against 3rd line defensive center and a 1st line offensive center in one package.

Having played the game at many levels I can say this is an extremely rare skill set.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!
I'm an American living in the GTA, not a Leaf fan but I do like Matthews and a bunch of other up and coming young US players. I want a Matthews jersey .

Reactions: Sk8M8

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Matthews is a better more complete player than McDavid. McDavid's speed and offensive numbers will probably always be a little better though. Matthews is an strong big bodied grinder with elite skill, hands and IQ, kind of like a bigger Crosby. I've been making the comparison since his days at the NTDP and nothing has changed my mind yet.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Matthews is a better more complete player than McDavid. McDavid's speed and offensive numbers will probably always be a little better though. Matthews is an strong big bodied grinder with elite skill, hands and IQ, kind of like a bigger Crosby. I've been making the comparison since his days at the NTDP and nothing has changed my mind yet.
"a little bit better offensive numbers"
31 points is not a little gap. That's like Matthews being compared to a 38 point player. Let's see what Matthews can do this year

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I love it when there is a 3000 reply thread on the main page but someone thinks that their opinion is so unique, so special that it deserves it's very own thread instead of just replying in the Matthews vs McDavid thread.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mcdavid-or-matthews.2397933/unread

Here it is, my special snowflake.

To be fair, the end of that debate was about actresses and we haven't seen Auston Matthews name in about 20 minutes.

He could very well be that guy, but let's just get through this thread without someone labeling a player with the ''g'' word.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Fanbase vs fanbase frictions aside. I would hate Leafs franchise much less if their logo would be red or darkpink, and that leaf would be from birch not from maple. A leaflet of Sorbus aucuparia would do the job too, particularly if it's black on grey background.

Players of Leafs doesn't cause hate, and their team composition is very good. Babcock seems to be rational and competent coach. Logo, colors and Leafs' HFB PR-detachment have instead sometimes tendency to lit my rage.

However, Finnish players in the Leafs' roster are considered "sub-Finns" during their stints. This label is immediately and automaticly removed upon them when they get free from their contracts with the Hockey Mecca's franchise. They somehow disagrace the colors of Flag of Finland when playing there.

Yes. Most parts of my hate are irrational. :laugh:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Fanbase vs fanbase frictions aside. I would hate Leafs franchise much less if their logo would be red or darkpink, and that leaf would be from birch not from maple. A leaflet of Sorbus aucuparia would do the job too, particularly if it's black on grey background.

Players of Leafs doesn't cause hate, and their team composition is very good. Babcock seems to be rational and competent coach. Logo, colors and Leafs' HFB PR-detachment have instead sometimes tendency to lit my rage.

However, Finnish players in the Leafs' roster are considered "sub-Finns" during their stints. This label is immediately and automaticly removed upon them when they get free from their contracts with the Hockey Mecca's franchise. They somehow disagrace the colors of Flag of Finland when playing there.

Yes. Most parts of my hate are irrational. :laugh:
the Maple Leafs aren't named after literal maple leaves though. They're named after an army regiment. They also wanted their colors to be red and white originally but Smythe went with blue to represent the Canadian sky

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
"a little bit better offensive numbers"
31 points is not a little gap. That's like Matthews being compared to a 38 point player. Let's see what Matthews can do this year

Well Matthews in his 2nd season has 8 G and 15 points in 11 games. That's a 60 G/ 112 Point pace over 82 games. Will he get those numbers? Probably not but so he's been so so good. McDavid put up that 31 point game in his second season, how about we wait until the end of this season and then judge how big that gap really is? Sound fair?

Matthews is on McDavid's level as a whole in my eyes. You don't have to agree with me and I'm not forcing my opinion on you. Just asking people to be patient and give the kid a chance to show what he's got.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Well Matthews in his 2nd season has 8 G and 15 points in 11 games. That's a 60 G/ 112 Point pace over 82 games. Will he get those numbers? Probably not but so he's been so so good. McDavid put up that 31 point game in his second season, how about we wait until the end of this season and then judge how big that gap really is? Sound fair?
Yes that's why I said let's see what Matthews can do this year. I am a huge fan of his and I think he is great but I don't want to bet against mcdavid based on 11 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->