Atomic Heart

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Recently discovered this game and I gotta say that I'm extremely excited.

Also cool to see my favorite video game composer, Mick Gordon, is working on it. Always loved fighting against big nasty enemies while rock music is blasting in the background in the Doom games.

Reactions: SimGrindcore

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
it takes way too long to get a gun in this game, how long? I dont know, its been like 2 hours and i dont have a gun

edit: finally got a gun

• Haha
Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I was enjoying it, but the stupid puzzle locks, the glitches and the broken achievements are making me change my mind.

Last edited:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I like it for the most part, good visuals, decent story, it certainly helps that is was a Game Pass game otherwise I might be less enthused

For a modern game the auto save system is trash, I've had two or three instances where I played for a fair bit of time only to die and go back to the last point I manually saved in the safe room, losing probably 40 minutes of progress

I think the voice actors speaking in perfect english with no russian accents is a miss, they use the term comrade and its set in an alternate timeline Soviet Union but you might as well be watching an American sitcom with the voice acting

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I'm about 6 hours in and it definitely has its flaws. I'm enjoying it enough to keep playing. It seems like a 7/10 game so far. I'm glad a friend of mine bought it for me for my birthday rather than me spending money on it myself...

It does make me pretty excited for future games from this new dev team though. It's very ambitious for a first game and if they improve on some of their mistakes, future games could be really good.

Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I’m enjoying it a fair bit so far. Still in that opening complex but nearing the end of it. It’s a cool atmosphere and looks real good. Only complaints so far…

- controls are a little wonky. I get stuck in areas and cant get out.
- They throw a lot at you and I have things in my inventory I don’t even know how to us. A control scheme would be nice.

I’m assuming it opens up more after getting out of this damn complex.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Yeah, it took me way too long to realize why it felt like I was blowing through heals too fast. It was because they all went to my storage and I didn't even realize your inventory was a small amount... Seems kind of silly for a game like this to even have storage. You can magically put all sorts of items and materials in there when you loot them but you can't magically take them out? Just let me carry everything and cut some of the confusion out.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm like 10 hours in and have been enjoying it. I've completed the first two main buildings you have to get through, so I've played a fair bit.

- I like a lot of the gameplay. The different weapons, melee options, and powers are fantastic. Plus, you can respec any time you want, which is a nice option to have.
- The game looks great, at least in my opinion. Playing on a Series X
- It's definitely buggy. I got stuck on a staircase and couldn't move. In a testing grounds area, doors didn't open for me to continue. Had to save, go back to main menu, and reload.
- They added FOV last week, which is a big update, at least IMO.
- Like I mentioned earlier, they throw a lot at you but after they initially explain everything to you, you're on your own.

For this studio's first game, it's pretty impressive. If they clean things up on their next title, it could be great. I'll keep playing this one, though.

Reactions: SimGrindcore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad