Atlantic may be one of the top division’s in the league!

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The Central's #1 (Nashville) is higher than our #2 (Boston), and the Central's #2 (Winnipeg) and the Pacific's #1 (Vegas) are higher than our #3 (us).

It just means that our Division is polarizing - We have the best of the best, with a few teams crowded near the top (3 in the top-6), and we have just about the worst of the worst (Sabres and Coyotes are neck and neck for that honour), with a few teams crowded near the bottom (4 in the bottom-6). And then there's Florida.

I disagree. I am not going on today's NHL standings. I am going on trends and predicting the future. Our worst will not be in the playoffs. Our best will be in the playoffs. Our best will wipe the floor with their best. This notion that "The West is the strongest" is completely dead..

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I disagree. I am not going on today's NHL standings. I am going on trends and predicting the future. Our worst will not be in the playoffs. Our best will be in the playoffs. Our best will wipe the floor with their best. This notion that "The West is the strongest" is completely dead..
Gotcha.

I'm not (always) one for predicting the future, but I certainly agree that the West is no longer the dominant Conference it once was. There's an awful lot of parity in the League these days.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
The bottom 4 teams in the Eastern Conference are all in the Atlantic Div .. Detroit, Montreal, Buffalo, Ottawa ..

The bottom feeders of the Atlantic are all competing for the Rasmus Dahlin derby making the Leafs div the weakest, not strongest Div in hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->