ATD2018 - Trading: Can we trade players during the draft? (conditional poll)

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
The closest would've been when 2 years back Dwight and I picked Blake and Kasatonov back to back and then traded them to each other.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
I dont know man. I just have some vague feeling since my rookie year here a couple of years ago about the fact that few of us are not even Future NHL General Managers, and when they themselves with their full time jobs still manages to misread at least some of the parameters involved, then why cant we? Even if we would put ourselves on their level, we still would make their mistakes.
Therefore, lets keep it as simple as possible i think. Trade picks for picks as long as it goes. Then after the draft when we all wiłl find ourselves in a situation resembling some cap situation, regarding roster management, lets trade some players!
Before.. Too many loopholes and too many potential victims! Social network pressures.

Last edited:

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I dont know man. I just have some vague feeling since my rookie year here a couple of years ago about the fact that few of us are not even Future NHL General Managers, and when they themselves with their full time jobs still manages to misread at least some of the parameters involved, then why cant we? Even if we would put ourselves on their level, we still would make their mistakes.
Therefore, lets keep it as simple as possible i think. Trade picks for picks as long as it goes. Then after the draft when we all wiłl find ourselves in a situation resembling some cap situation, regarding roster management, lets trade some players!
Before.. Too many loopholes and too many potential victims! Social network pressures.

Keep in mind their jobs are also substantially more complex, along with the parameters they have to deal with. Further, they have to make decisions about the future as well as the present. It isn't quite apples to apples.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Keep in mind their jobs are also substantially more complex, along with the parameters they have to deal with. Further, they have to make decisions about the future as well as the present. It isn't quite apples to apples.
It is what it is man. I'm just looking for maybe other veterans that just like me realised just like i did once that in the pressure of rime

Edit: Either it is just me or the new format of forum just screwed me, i dont care.
But i guess my main point was that maybe someone else than me had realised just how taxing it can be to under the clock gauge just how every individual other trade will effect the total balance of things.
We dont want to imagine us to become some Kevin Lowe's here, or why not some Ray Shero's or even Jim Rutherford's?
Is this Psychopath Lotto, or not?

Last edited:

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I will say that I think trading needs to be very carefully monitored here. We don't have the luxury of next year to fix our mistakes the way NHL GMs do.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
It is what it is man. I'm just looking for maybe other veterans that just like me realised just like i did once that in the pressure of rime

Edit: Either it is just me or the new format of forum just screwed me, i dont care.
But i guess my main point was that maybe someone else than me had realised just how taxing it can be to under the clock gauge just how every individual other trade will effect the total balance of things.
We dont want to imagine us to become some Kevin Lowe's here, or why not some Ray Shero's or even Jim Rutherford's?
Is this Psychopath Lotto, or not?
TBH, the liveliest drafts happen when there's a wide range of skill and knowledge level among the GMs. We wouldn't want a draft where every player goes in the same order they always do, nobody debates anything, and the teams come out all basically equal.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Option 2 won easily.Trading of players will be forbidden during the draft, but allowed once it is completed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad