ATD2018 - Draft Thread 3

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Ah! Guess no more Amonte for me.Only player that was part of my two championship teams.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Amonte is a good third wheeler for a 3rd line.Brings speed, good ES scoring and an allright all-around game and/or grit.

Claude The Fraud

Apr 2, 2008
Rimouski
The Winnipeg Jets are proud to select, from Sandon, British Columbia, four time Vezina Trophy winner, Cecil ‘Tiny’ Thompson.

8f117707eef55a7500e8b1ad34050819.jpg

Last edited:

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
I think Harvey, Goodfellow and Johnson have something to say about that

Toe Blake never won without elite goaltending, right? I mean, you can say that about most coaches I guess. I'd be really scared if I were in your position. Not having a great goalie is pretty much what sunk me last year with an otherwise pretty great team IMO.

I mean, someone has to have the worst goalie. That's just how it is. Maybe your team is good enough to cover for that, maybe it isn't.. we'll see.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Toe Blake never won without elite goaltending, right? I mean, you can say that about most coaches I guess. I'd be really scared if I were in your position. Not having a great goalie is pretty much what sunk me last year with an otherwise pretty great team IMO.

I mean, someone has to have the worst goalie. That's just how it is. Maybe your team is good enough to cover for that, maybe it isn't.. we'll see.

Yes he did, the second dynasty post Plante 65-68 did not have elite goal tending

I must say, that is a pretty impressive D.

Thank you, happy to have 2 of the best defensive defenseman of all time on two separate pairings

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Toe Blake won without elite goaltending, but that doesn't mean he can compensate for having the worst goalie at this level of competition.

Yes, you are covering for it as much as you can, but it's still a nasty and fundamental hole on the team.We shall see how the strategy turns out.

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Toe Blake won without elite goaltending, but that doesn't mean he can compensate for having the worst goalie at this level of competition.

Yes, you are covering for it as much as you can, but it's still a nasty and fundamental hole on the team.We shall see how it turns out.

Fine. Guess we'll see how it goes, like you say.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton

Yes, you are covering for it as much as you can, but it's still a nasty and fundamental hole on the team.We shall see how the strategy turns out.

When you get screwed by goaltending runs why not lay into it instead of trying to fight it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->