ATD2018 - Draft Thread 3

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I'm collecting votes? Either I missed a memo or I have been so busy at work the last three months that I totally forgot about this. :laugh:

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
OK, I'm confused on how this regular season is playing out. Do teams play the whole league, or just the teams in their division? There's a few teams that match up well against the team in their division, but not against the rest of the league.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
OK, I'm confused on how this regular season is playing out. Do teams play the whole league, or just the teams in their division? There's a few teams that match up well against the team in their division, but not against the rest of the league.
I assume it's like the NHL. More games against divisional rivals than against teams from other divisions, but at least a home and away against every team in the other conference and a few more than that against teams in one's own conference but outside one's own division.

So, yeah, how one team stacks up againts divisional rivals is important, but it ain't the end all and be all.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
So for the voting that begins on the 30th, are we ranking teams 1-24..or are we ranking teams 1-3 in each division?

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Rank teams against division rivals only.

I made a note of that in the OP of each division thread.

Yes, but do teams play a league schedule or just their own division.

Your team, for example, looks like it will get better results playing teams outside your division than it will against your division.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Yes, but do teams play a league schedule or just their own division.

Your team, for example, looks like it will get better results playing teams outside your division than it will against your division.

I tried to push for an arrangement like that, but to the extent of my knowledge it's inter divisional only

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Without knowing for sure. I assume it's like previous years where you vote for your own team. Presumably first as a bonus for bothering to vote

That's true, forgot about that. Voting between just the other two teams in the division feels weird, then you might as well throw your own team in there at #1 like you said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad