ATD#8 to begin in September

Zetterberg4Captain*

This draft is interesting, I have been following it since the sixth one and I would like to participate if allowed. Co-GM or alone...

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
I would say go with the time limits similar to the last draft: 12 hours during those all-important first six rounds, and then eight hours for rounds 7 to 24, when the draft is more of a crapshoot. If your pick is skipped, your time limit drops one hour for each time. So if you're skipped six times, you're working on a two-hour limit.

We had a few pretty good No. 3 goalies in the last draft. Guys like Chico Resch. The days of getting Andy Moog or Alex Connell as a No. 3 are over. I wouldn't complain if we dropped the third goalie, especially if this draft hits 32 teams. An assistant coach, perhaps, to replace the third goalie, or go with a free-for-all with that last roster spot. (If you want a third goalie, fine, but if you want a 14th forward or eighth defenceman, also fine).

I like the idea of a free for all. It's a good idea to have more options at the forward or defence positions to help better match up against opponents varying styles of play.

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
I would come out of the woodwork as a GM once again. I wouldn't neccessarily be against a co-GM of the Rangers as long as I had final say.

I have a reason to explain my abscence from the end of the draft to be elaborated on further if the committee need deem it so. Call it one part disullusionment and three parts real life ****ing me in the ass. Thought I did get through the initial round of voting.

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
There, fixed for you :D

bunny-pancake.gif

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Even though I had great experience working with a co-GM in the minor league draft, I'd prefer to work on my own for ATD #8.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Is it too late to sign up for this? I'm starting to get the ATD itch again.
oh god no... it's still august

AFTER the Labour Day long weekend at the earliest!

and any past/veteran all-time drafter can choose whether to have a co-g.m. or not... the newbies might have to get a co-g.m., which is easy because many others are willing, newbies and vets (see first post of this thread - PM anyone you would like to co-g.m. with).

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I would say go with the time limits similar to the last draft: 12 hours during those all-important first six rounds, and then eight hours for rounds 7 to 24, when the draft is more of a crapshoot. If your pick is skipped, your time limit drops one hour for each time. So if you're skipped six times, you're working on a two-hour limit.

We had a few pretty good No. 3 goalies in the last draft. Guys like Chico Resch. The days of getting Andy Moog or Alex Connell as a No. 3 are over. I wouldn't complain if we dropped the third goalie, especially if this draft hits 32 teams. An assistant coach, perhaps, to replace the third goalie, or go with a free-for-all with that last roster spot. (If you want a third goalie, fine, but if you want a 14th forward or eighth defenceman, also fine).

Free for all sounds good to me.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Don't think I'm going to have the time for this one, fellas. Starting in a new faculty this fall, my internet time is going to be limited.

This isn't the last of me, just a temporary leave of absence.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Don't think I'm going to have the time for this one, fellas. Starting in a new faculty this fall, my internet time is going to be limited.

This isn't the last of me, just a temporary leave of absence.
Damn, Hanky, that's too bad. Always been a pleasure working against you in this draft. Look forward to finally facing (and beating) you in the playoffs in the future.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
.... And I will probably move my Miami Screaming Eagles north of the '49th.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Isn't it the Wildcats in Moncton, and the Cap Breton Screaming Eagles?

Common sense would dictate to move the Screaming Eagles in Philly, and name them the Blazers, but I would end up in the same division, that would be a purely lateral move.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Thought I would mention, I will be acting as co-GM on Evil Sather's New York Rangers (I assume, correct me if I am wrong ES) and will be putting the Metropolitans on the shelf for this time around, as I am gonna be a little busy for the next few months, I do plan on being back full time next draft however.

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
Veterans wanting a team by themself:

wisent
pappyline
EagleBelfour
shawnmullin
Hockey Outsider
Leaf Lander
BlueBleeder
pitseleh (?)
LapierreSports (?)
reckoning (?)

Veterans with a co-g.m.:

God Bless Canada & raleh
Evil Sather & Kruezer
vancityluongo & Tricolore#20
nayld psycho & sturminator

Veterans interested in having a co-g.m.:

cottonking (willing to be co-g.m.)
murphy (might be interested in co-g.m.ing)
MXD (co-g.m.ing might be his best option, depending)
arrbez (might or might not want a co-g.m., not sure yet)

Newbies interested in having a co-g.m.:

The Hockey_Guy18 (preferably with a co-g.m.)
FlyersHomerDM03 (would like a fellow newbie co-g.m.)
Agent Dale Cooper (interested in being a co-g.m.)
nik jr. (interested in being a co-g.m.)

Newbies who want a team by themself:

doctordark

OK with September starting this weekend we should start seeing how many teams there are going to be. 28 seems to be the target.

My count, adding VanIslander and myself, puts us at 20 teams through arrbez, with 5 newbies looking for teams.

We don't have a list of guys not going this time, I know there are a few, although a couple of them are going to be co-GMing. I seem to recall someone getting banned during the playoffs as well.

PS if anyone is thinking about changing your name, please do it before the draft. :rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad