ATD 2022 Rules Poll Number 1: Trades

Trading in ATD2022

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Please choose the option you prefer.

1) Unlimited Trading

2) Limited Trading (please list preferred amount in a response; we'll have a follow-on poll should this selection win)

3) No Trading

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
@rmartin65 This first poll should just be just trading vs. no trading, that’s the fundamental question here.

The way it is now the results could be 5 votes for limited trading, 5 votes for unlimited trading, and 6 votes for no trading, so 10/16 people would be in favor of trading overall but the no trading option would win.

If trading wins, have a second poll for trade limits, etc.

Last edited:

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
We can cross that bridge if it comes to that. Based on sentiments in the general rules thread, it looks likely that unlimited trading wins anyway. As it stands, I am the lone vote in favor of limited voting; I would much rather prefer unlimited trading to no trading, so I have no qualms switching my vote if that is necessary.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Limited trading, but with a really high limit was always my favorite.

For example, the trading rules from ATD2013 (ignore the stuff about the trading committee; it was kind of helpful in a large draft I guess).
  • Trading is to be reasonably fair and balanced and lopsided trades will need to be re-worked or dropped. This is at the discretion of the trade committee.
  • Each team may make up to 8 trades.
  • A submitted trade counts towards the maximum, even if it is vetoed (exception - first time GMs). Don't submit lopsided trades.
  • No more than 4 assets per team may be traded at a time.
  • Swapping all positions before the draft doesn't count as a "trade" for the purposes of the above rules.
  • Trading while on the clock is allowed. However, using your entire clock to openly shop a pick annoys your fellow GMs, so do it sparingly. If GMs abuse trading on the clock, a rule could be added against it
Basically, the effect of the rules is kind of "unlimited trading, except for stupid trades"

Last edited:

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
As someone who is a serial trader and doesn't like picking first rounders (except the first rounder in my heart) I like the results so far

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

For example, the trading rules from ATD2013 (ignore the stuff about the trading committee; it was kind of helpful in a large draft I guess).
  • Trading is to be reasonably fair and balanced and lopsided trades will need to be re-worked or dropped. This is at the discretion of the trade committee.
  • A submitted trade counts towards the maximum, even if it is vetoed (exception - first time GMs). Don't submit lopsided trades.
  • Swapping all positions before the draft doesn't count as a "trade" for the purposes of the above rules.
  • Trading while on the clock is allowed. However, using your entire clock to openly shop a pick annoys your fellow GMs, so do it sparingly. If GMs abuse trading on the clock, a rule could be added against it
Basically, the effect of the rules is kind of "unlimited trading, except for stupid trades"

Vote is razor thin but I like this method.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm fine with TDMM's set-up. If it can speed up the process, change my vote to that.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011

Since it looks like limited trading is going to win, and this proposal has some popular support- can we get a majority of people participating to post if they like TDMM's proposal? By my count, we have TDMM, VI, BB, IE, and me so far in agreement. I'd like to see at least 3 more people voicing support for this suggestion, then we won't have to make a poll.

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Since it looks like limited trading is going to win, and this proposal has some popular support- can we get a majority of people participating to post if they like TDMM's proposal? By my count, we have TDMM, VI, BB, IE, and me so far in agreement. I'd like to see at least 3 more people voicing support for this suggestion, then we won't have to make a poll.

I'm good with it.

One question on this rule:

If the trade gets vetoed, but then ends up getting re-worked by the GMs involved does it count as 1 trade or 2?
@TheDevilMadeMe

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
I think, traditionally, it doesn’t count if the trade is re-worked. However, I’d like to see them count- don’t submit lopsided trades, simple as that.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'm good with it.

One question on this rule:

If the trade gets vetoed, but then ends up getting re-worked by the GMs involved does it count as 1 trade or 2?
@TheDevilMadeMe

Under the ATD2013 rules, it would have counted as 2 trades. Each veto of a trade = a loss of one of a GM's 8 trades.

This was to stop a pair of particular GMs from submitting wild trades with little thought and basically using the trading committee to more or less negotiate their trades for them....

Basically, it was intended as a slap on the wrist towards such things.

I don't care if we keep it or not.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Under the ATD2013 rules, it would have counted as 2 trades. This was to stop a pair of particular GMs from submitting wild trades with little thought and basically using the trading committee to more or less negotiate their trades for them....

And just FTR, that wasn't me :laugh:

Reactions: Dreakmur

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Under the ATD2013 rules, it would have counted as 2 trades. Each vetoed trade = a loss of one of a GM's 8 trades.

This was to stop a pair of particular GMs from submitting wild trades with little thought and basically using the trading committee to more or less negotiate their trades for them....

Given everyone signed up so far, has been around the block numerous times, I don't think we should see anything outlandish being submitted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad