ATD 2018 Lineup Advice Thread

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Okey. So probably becouse of a number of reasons i'm as of now a bit stuck with my PP. One of them being an autistic-like obsession with the 1-3-1 format(Although i do have autism). When going further down the lineup i can only take notice of that i dont seem to have the personel for it, mostly a lack of RHS on certain types if players. What say you, should i bring Red Horner up from the subs, or what? Obviously one could also drop dreams of 1-3-1 at least in the second unit, maybe do some soviet inspired thing including Zetterberg or something.

Hodge(RHS)
Petrov(RHS) - Hull - Makarov
Suter

Byfuglien(RHS)
Neely(RHS) - H Sedin
Kasatonov - Zetterberg

Substitutes:
Cashman(RHS)
Keith
Horner(RHS)
Ramage(RHS, but also as of now a spare for the active roster/Byfuglien)​

Last edited:

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Okey. So probably becouse of a number of reasons i'm as of now a bit stuck with my PP. One of them being an autistic-like obsession with the 1-3-1 format(Although i do have autism). When going further down the lineup i can only take notice of that i dont seem to have the personel for it, mostly a lack of RHS on certain types if players. What say you, should i bring Red Horner up from the subs, or what? Obviously one could also drop dreams of 1-3-1 at least in the second unit, maybe do some soviet inspired thing including Zetterberg or something.

Hodge(RHS)
Petrov(RHS) - Hull - Makarov
Suter

Byfuglien(RHS)
Neely(RHS) - H Sedin
Kasatonov - Zetterberg

Substitutes:
Cashman(RHS)
Horner(RHS)
Ramage(RHS, but also as of now a spare for the active roster/Byfuglien)​
I'd switch Neely and Hodge in that setup - Neely's best attribute is the ability to bang in dirty goals, whereas Hodge is good for making plays on the boards. I'd also switch up the order of your guys in the middle of your first unit - Petrov in the middle for quick, hard shots from the slot, and Hull on the right for left-facing one-timers. Makarov can kill you a whole bunch of ways, so he's fine on the left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darth Yoda

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Also, regarding the 1-3-1 setup - of course any decent power play is going to shift around the offensive zone, so when I vote, I'd still be looking for things like whether there are 2 guys on each unit with experience playing the point. Hull is one of those guys in the first unit, and having him on the flank allows him to move up higher when Suter rotates in the other direction - not so much if you have him stuck in the middle of the ice.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Aside from just pure skill, power plays need to gain possession in the zone. Depending on the players, this can be done in several ways. Some chip and recover. Some dump and chase. Some just carry it in and set up. If you can't get the puck into the other teams zone, get control, and SET UP your powerplay, how good the set up is doesn't matter.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Aside from just pure skill, power plays need to gain possession in the zone. Depending on the players, this can be done in several ways. Some chip and recover. Some dump and chase. Some just carry it in and set up. If you can't get the puck into the other teams zone, get control, and SET UP your powerplay, how good the set up is doesn't matter.
For everyone's benefit, how would you suggest applying this to judging an ATD team? On Yoda's team, I would expect at least Hull and Makarov to be very good at getting across the line with the puck, but there's also very little in any of our bios that specifically states that any player is good at this - it's unfortunately a level of detail that isn't written about as much.

Pominville Knows

Sep 28, 2012
Down Under
Whoops, for some reason Duncan Keith slipped through the cracks here when i did it last night without sleep and spotty internet at best. I do believe it actually was becouse i plan to ride him hard 5 on 5, and that he ain't no PP-God anyhow. But he should be in the mix. Good defensively if nothing else, but also a LHS which i have in abundance becouse of that unforseen rush in the draft ending with i believe Kevin Hatcher. We'll just have to cope.

Thanks guys, i do see now that i came to force those units quite hard there in the end, the second without even finishing it.

I have fixed it a little bit now, but i'll finetune it tomorrow with some TOI:s as well.
Big day tomorrow, much to be done. Still Cashman-style that is needed, or maybe more like Claude Lemieux.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad