At least 22 people shot at Kansas City Chiefs celebration parade rally..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
At least 22 people were shot according to police. One confirmed dead.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
One of the guys from my office was there. He was so excited yesterday to go to the parade as a long time season ticket holder.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Only 3 shootings reported in New Orleans surrounding the Mardi Gras festivities. KC wins again! :facepalm:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
This is going to turn out to be gang related and everyone is going to forget about it.

I had already forgot about the shooting at the Nuggets championship rally. Which ended up having to do with drugs.

But at least twitter hacks made sure to post countless gun control messages. As if people involved with drugs and/or gangs would give a rats ass.

JohnBlutarski

Apr 25, 2023
def not safe to host the WC

In the USA, there are street gangs shooting each other over scuffed Jordans in every major city. Just a fact of life here. Can't escape this in KC, DC, NYC, Houston, SF, Dallas, Chicago, LA, LV, etc. These are the people that will own and use guns whether they are legal or not and give zero craps about the law either way. Ban guns tomorrow and these folks will still be strapping up for props and social media clout.
Don't worry, the riffraff will be contained for the world cup like it is for every major event. Just look how they cleaned the streets of SF for Xi Jinping.
At least the USA can say our WC venues aren't built by slave labor unlike the last one. Hell you couldn't even consume alcohol at the last one without the threat of imprisonment. Real safe to host the WC in a country like Qatar that funds Islamic terrorism around the globe... And the one before that was hosted by a brutal dictatorship that the world hates now. Probably wasn't the safest idea either.. what if a drunk fan criticized Putin and got sent to the Gulag??? But FIFA cares not for ethics, safety, etc. FIFA cares about their bottom line.
As far as safety is concerned, I'd be more concerned about going to games in Mexico than any American/Canadian venue for 2026. But maybe the cartels will keep their minions in line for the games... Either way a lot of Mexican cops are going to be upping their bribe prices for the WC.. Some might even get an early retirement because of it!

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fans will be fairly safe inside the stadium. Not permitted to bring in firearms into a private place. Though they will need greater security to prevent or break up fights in the stands, better than they have for NFL games.

Outside the stadiums, well, that's a different matter.

JohnBlutarski

Apr 25, 2023
Fans will be fairly safe inside the stadium. Not permitted to bring in firearms into a private place. Though they will need greater security to prevent or break up fights in the stands, better than they have for NFL games.

Outside the stadiums, well, that's a different matter.
LMAO they have brawls at every NFL game. IDK if you watch much football but there's a lot of trash at those games. They get drunk and behave like the trash they are. I went to games in Houston, Dallas, New York, and LA last season and saw fights at each venue. Not even fights between opposing fans either. Fights between fans of the same team mostly. These brawls get taken care of pretty quickly and effectively. There are cameras everywhere. So they don't need to change anything in that regard.
Outside the stadium you'll be just as safe as anywhere else. Could some crazy guy with a gun shoot up the place? Sure. Could some crazy guy with a truck plow through the crowd? Yeah. Could a meteor fall from the sky and take out the stadium? Yup. Could you get caught in the crossfire between 2 rival gangs bickering over scuffed Jordans? Definitely possible. Could you get in a car wreck on the way home and die? Certainly. Could you get food poisoning from eating the hot dogs they sell outside of the stadiums and die? Yup!
My advice to anyone coming to North America for the World Cup: Have a good time and don't worry about shit that's out of your control. It's pretty safe in the USA; we have multiple sportsball events across the country every day in which thousands of people attend and nothing happens except people having a good time.

Last edited:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
This is an excerpt from the Team Enough website.

Every day, on average, 316 people in America are shot. 116 die, 210 survive.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
This is an excerpt from the Team Enough website.

Every day, on average, 316 people in America are shot. 116 die, 210 survive.
That includes suicides. Take that out and about a quarter of that die. Many statistics are misleading to support a narrative.
And the vast majority of them are illegal guns and gang related.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
That includes suicides. Take that out and about a quarter of that die. Many statistics are misleading to support a narrative.
It's still a number that hard to rationalize. Personally I'm pro responsible gun ownership and view this as more of a social issue......just for the record.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Well, people with guns in their house are about 8 times more likely to commit suicide. Women are 35 times more likely to get killed and the majority of mass shootings are domestic violence related.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Well, people with guns in their house are about 8 times more likely to commit suicide. Women are 35 times more likely to get killed and the majority of mass shootings are domestic violence related.
might want to check up on those stats. Guns are no more likely to make somone commit suicide, the majority of mass shootings are gang related. Just not reported by media that way. KC parade is a perfect example of that.
Women are way more likely to be saved and protected by a gun. Hundreds of times higher than being killed by one. Does it make it eaasier to kill themselves with a gun. Yes, but that isn't the reason they do it. They clearly have mental health or situatinal issues and can committ suicide dozens of other ways. Suicide rates among other countries show that gun ownership or lack of gun ownership doesn't stop it. For instance south Korea gun owner ship is very strict yet suicide rate is signifigantly higher. than the US. Jamaica has among the worst gun crime in the world, yet bottom ten out of countries with an extemely low suicide rate. there is zero evidence that more gun ownership leads to more suicides.
Since the KC shooting aprox 100 people have been killed, many of them children by gang violence with illegal guns. But the media doesn't want to report that. I was anti-gun about 6-7 years ago. Then I started doing research and am now pro gun.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Two sentences from the same post, back to back. Amazing.
yes. many of them are misleading from the mainstream media. You're welcome to refute what i am saying. The difference is people who are anti gun tend to know nothing about guns and regurgitate the mainstream media narrative. Getting information from goverenmetn websites that show the truth and doing research is what I have been doing for a good 7-8 years and I have gone from anti-gun to pro gun. The fact that this story has already dissapeared fromthe media and was used for a narrative by media and politicans is proving my point. The 100 gang related deaths have been ignored the last few days. I wonder why?

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
might want to check up on those stats. Guns are no more likely to make somone commit suicide, the majority of mass shootings are gang related. Just not reported by media that way. KC parade is a perfect example of that.
Women are way more likely to be saved and protected by a gun. Hundreds of times higher than being killed by one. Does it make it eaasier to kill themselves with a gun. Yes, but that isn't the reason they do it. They clearly have mental health or situatinal issues and can committ suicide dozens of other ways. Suicide rates among other countries show that gun ownership or lack of gun ownership doesn't stop it. For instance south Korea gun owner ship is very strict yet suicide rate is signifigantly higher. than the US. Jamaica has among the worst gun crime in the world, yet bottom ten out of countries with an extemely low suicide rate. there is zero evidence that more gun ownership leads to more suicides.
Since the KC shooting aprox 100 people have been killed, many of them children by gang violence with illegal guns. But the media doesn't want to report that. I was anti-gun about 6-7 years ago. Then I started doing research and am now pro gun.
By doing research you must mean reading NRA and gun lobbyist sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad