Post-Game Talk: at Buffalo 1/25

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
I do not understand all the hoopla about Skinner saying AYFKM in reaction to a call he does not agree with - it happens every single game.
The guys getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are doing more than making a one line reaction.

Anyone who has taken a stick to the head/face can tell you that your knees buckle an you go down. It has only happened to me 3 times but I can tell you I was on the ice so fast you don't know what happened - didn't see any embellishment on the obvious high stick that wasn't called.

Skinner needs to mature some sure, but there are star athletes in all sports whining and complaining every game - guys much older.

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Pretty much everyone in the NHL talks **** to the refs. Why do you think they decided to implement that zero tolerance rule? No reason to single out Skinner, especially when he took a blatant high stick when the ref was looking directly at him.

You guys want Skinners head, and at the same time want an offer sheet sent to Subban...

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
I agree. I personally like to see him standing up for himself like that. I've seen tons of others play say the exact same things. I thought he has looked more mature this year, I've seen him acting a lot like an alternate captain

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Since so many of you keep making the mistake, I'll say this one more time, then let it go: Skinner did not (audibly) ***** at the ref after the high stick. However, he *very* audibly *****ed at them after a puck battle that clearly did not deserve a penalty. The "hoopla" surrounds him acting like a little ***** when it's not warranted, which we all know he's guilty of.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, maybe Gary Roberts' training sessions should consist of him incessantly slashing or hooking or playing the body on Skinner until Jeff gets to the point at which he focuses his attention on scoring goals instead of yelling at the refs. It's really becoming an annoyance and more fuel for opposing teams and fans, and to a certain extent the refs.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
I don't disagree with this at all. Only problem is that we don't have a #3 right now that is capable, which includes Welsh. Though I think Welsh could get there, I also think his skillset is more suited for either wing long term ala Ryan Malone. Then again I've been saying that since we signed the kid. I'm just more a fan of a power guy on the wings as is unless you're Eric frigin Lindros.

I know people keep saying it and saying it, but the answer is Arnott. He'd be the veteran presence we need up front, is still capable of holding his own as a #3, would be some much needed depth come the playoffs, and would present an opportunity to send Welsh back to the AHL for him to get more ice time for his development as well. He's not bad in the circle though he's not great there either, and he would represent an opportunity to either move Juice up to the top line with Staal and Semin or to form a potent 3rd line with Juice-Arnott-LaRose.

@DarrenDreger: Arnott and NYR agree to contract. 1 year. Cap hit around $1.6 -$1.7. Contract being finalized now. Arnott en route to NYC

Well, there's that.

normalpsychology

Oct 27, 2011
Mass
Since so many of you keep making the mistake, I'll say this one more time, then let it go: Skinner did not (audibly) ***** at the ref after the high stick. However, he *very* audibly *****ed at them after a puck battle that clearly did not deserve a penalty. The "hoopla" surrounds him acting like a little ***** when it's not warranted, which we all know he's guilty of.

I know what incident you're referring to. Politely, I disagree. I feel it was warranted. It's an emotional game (something people often don't realize if they haven't played before or haven't been watching for a while). The camera doesn't always show everything clearly. A picture only tells one side of the story. Skinner has shown a lot of growth this season and I trust something happened that warranted or justifies the outburst.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I do not understand all the hoopla about Skinner saying AYFKM in reaction to a call he does not agree with - it happens every single game.
The guys getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are doing more than making a one line reaction.

Anyone who has taken a stick to the head/face can tell you that your knees buckle an you go down. It has only happened to me 3 times but I can tell you I was on the ice so fast you don't know what happened - didn't see any embellishment on the obvious high stick that wasn't called.

Skinner needs to mature some sure, but there are star athletes in all sports whining and complaining every game - guys much older.

ive been around the game awhile myself, have reffed and played quite a bit. this one instance was overboard, which would be fine as an isolated thing but the point being made is that skinner is and has gone overboard more than a few times. i dont want his head. i wish he'd grow up. we arent talking about the high stick. though from both the player and ref side of things i think he went out of his way to sell it. its embarrassing to watch and it does nothing to help the team - only hurt it.

La Huracanista

Nov 28, 2009
Raleigh
I like how Skinner showed how much winning means to him/I don't like what a bad sport and a whiner he is/I don't actually give a **** about any of this because it doesn't matter.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I know what incident you're referring to. Politely, I disagree. I feel it was warranted. It's an emotional game (something people often don't realize if they haven't played before or haven't been watching for a while). The camera doesn't always show everything clearly. A picture only tells one side of the story. Skinner has shown a lot of growth this season and I trust something happened that warranted or justifies the outburst.

you thought the play he flopped on, turned around and screamed at the ref from across the ice was warranted?!? do tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->