Post-Game Talk: at Buffalo 1/25

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Just throwing this out there as another possibility. Perhaps the Faulk injury was due to the slash on the arm/wrist/hand. May have had some bruising, and didn't want to risk flubbing a play.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
Wow. I have no recollection of such a game. Drugs'er bad.

Another topic on which I must be on some serious drugs: have Jokinen and LaRose been playing these past few games? I'm not being serious, but...wow, they have just been benign as all get-out.

Energy guys.. that's it. Since I watch all the Sharks games, I tend to compare the two teams off each other and well, the nonexistent bottom six is prevalent on both teams.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Was away from my TV and computer tonight, but it seems like I missed a hell of a game and a hell of a new poster acquisition in Fin9.

Joni the ****ing Jokel.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Money on the dot again. Not sure if we should be too happy though after seeing tonight and last night, Buffalo is absolute **** at faceoffs.

Their center depth is atrocious, leaning way too heavily on unproven players. Still, it's nice to see our guys padding their faceoff stats.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
160071922_slide.jpg

Man Skinner is huge :sarcasm:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Juice is doing us a favor by giving us a third line that's playable, but his skills are wasted on those two. He's taking one for the team, I hope he doesn't get blamed for a lack if production. I'd put him with staal and semin, and let welsh have the third if he proves capable. Staals line could use jussi's playmaking and general unselfishness.

I'm glad tlusty has developed a bit, but I'm still not very attached to him. Jussi brings a lot to the table regardless of his pts. If we are competing for the cup I think we need a different third line center and jussi to move up. Or maybe when ruutu comes back that line becomes better. Jussi is a better scorer off the wing IMO.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Juice is doing us a favor by giving us a third line that's playable, but his skills are wasted on those two. He's taking one for the team, I hope he doesn't get blamed for a lack if production. I'd put him with staal and semin, and let welsh have the third if he proves capable. Staals line could use jussi's playmaking and general unselfishness.

I'm glad tlusty has developed a bit, but I'm still not very attached to him. Jussi brings a lot to the table regardless of his pts. If we are competing for the cup I think we need a different third line center and jussi to move up. Or maybe when ruutu comes back that line becomes better. Jussi is a better scorer off the wing IMO.

I don't disagree with this at all. Only problem is that we don't have a #3 right now that is capable, which includes Welsh. Though I think Welsh could get there, I also think his skillset is more suited for either wing long term ala Ryan Malone. Then again I've been saying that since we signed the kid. I'm just more a fan of a power guy on the wings as is unless you're Eric frigin Lindros.

I know people keep saying it and saying it, but the answer is Arnott. He'd be the veteran presence we need up front, is still capable of holding his own as a #3, would be some much needed depth come the playoffs, and would present an opportunity to send Welsh back to the AHL for him to get more ice time for his development as well. He's not bad in the circle though he's not great there either, and he would represent an opportunity to either move Juice up to the top line with Staal and Semin or to form a potent 3rd line with Juice-Arnott-LaRose.

Anton H Christ

ruh-roh corvo
May 4, 2011
Columbia SC
I think slutty's two way play is good enough for the third line, if jussi can get something going with staal, (i think thats the only reason sluttys up there), then both could be playing on pretty much any line.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
...an opportunity to send Welsh back to the AHL for him to get more ice time for his development as well

Done. Anything else you would like?

@NHLCanes

NEWS: #Canes assign Jeremy Welsh to @CheckersHockey.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina

I do not think Jussi on the top line would be the best move or even be any more effective, Tlusty is the right guy for Semin/Staal. If anything Jussi would be a better served with J Staal and Skinner, but Dalpe is a good fit and will not change.
Obviously if and when Ruutu makes it back things will change and it will be a nice problem to have - then we can truly have 3 scoring threat lines.

I think the third line has been doing fine even though they aren't hitting the score sheet but who would expect that with Chad and Dwyer on it. The way Bowman has been playing I would like to see a Bowman/Jussi/Dwyer third line and drop Chad to the fourth.

I do not think we are going to see any more changes to the forward line up this season - Get used to Jussi centering the third - it is what it is.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I'd be fine with jussi-ruutu-bowman if they are all playing well. I agree with Dave that welsh is more wing than center, I've been saying that too but they seem determined to make him a center so it seems irrelevant. I don't think that the third line is bad, I think jussi is being wasted a bit there with its current look. I think tlusty is appropriate here he is, but I do think he's interchangeable with jussi and while I get some think tlusty is great there I like jussi a little more.

I do think if we are gonna be legit for a playoff run, that third like needs to be more than it is. If a healthy ruutu makes it that then fine. If its arnott, fine.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I still question if Dalpe and Bowman will continue to look as good as they do once the rest of the league gets in game shape. From the start, they look to me like they have more jump in their step than a lot of other players on the ice. Hopefully, their confidence grows over this timeframe so that even as the rest of the league gets in game shape, they remain effective.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Done. Anything else you would like?

@NHLCanes

NEWS: #Canes assign Jeremy Welsh to @CheckersHockey.

Could it be that they need the roster spot for a defenseman due to Faulk's injury? With Welsh, they are at the max of 23, correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad