Prospect Info: At 9th Overall the Detroit Red Wings Select Michael Rasmussen

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
If he loses tomorrow, what are the odds he's able to drop in on Monday for game 5? My understanding is GR needs some forward help

I do not think Ras would be able to adjust to the time zone change, figure out the Griffins system, and get enough practice time with the Griffins to be inserted in a winner take all game on Monday. He will most likely watch on Monday and if the Griffins do win, they would play in GR on Thursday and Saturday against Rockford in the 2nd round. There he would have time to adjust and get practice time with the team. We need forwards and Ras would boost our chances of scoring and improve our PP big time.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Yea I think he has the ability to step into the AHL but as we saw with Cholowski the team dynamic, systems and coaches trust all play a role.

The logistics alone make it a long shot anyway.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I do not think Ras would be able to adjust to the time zone change, figure out the Griffins system, and get enough practice time with the Griffins to be inserted in a winner take all game on Monday. He will most likely watch on Monday and if the Griffins do win, they would play in GR on Thursday and Saturday against Rockford in the 2nd round. There he would have time to adjust and get practice time with the team. We need forwards and Ras would boost our chances of scoring and improve our PP big time.

I don't really put a whole bunch of stock into the time zone changes, it would depend more on how quick he could be acclimated to the system. I guess I wouldn't be surprised either way, but think it's more likely he is in the press box with Cholo taking it all in

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yea I think he has the ability to step into the AHL but as we saw with Cholowski the team dynamic, systems and coaches trust all play a role.

The logistics alone make it a long shot anyway.

Grand Rapids has lots of good dmen and dmen are harder to hide if they dont play well. At forward Grand Rapids could use some help, and you can hide a forward much easier. Plus one was a top 10 pick and is 6'6. Rasmussens chances of playing are much higher

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Grand Rapids has lots of good dmen and dmen are harder to hide if they dont play well. At forward Grand Rapids could use some help, and you can hide a forward much easier. Plus one was a top 10 pick and is 6'6. Rasmussens chances of playing are much higher

I get all of that and really do believe Ras can step in. However, I just can’t expect him to be thrown in without some time with the team. I’d love to see it though.

Either way we are getting ahead of ourselves here: GR has to win and TC has to lose before it’s even a possibility.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I would say and think that if the wings brass is strongly considering him for the opening night red wing roster, that they would want him to see AHL game action if at all possible this spring .

I could see that push happening

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Tri-City eliminated after a miracle comeback by Everett. GR also eliminated so no AHL playoffs for Ras.

Ras ends up with 92 points in 61 games on the season for 1.51PPG.

Last 21 games, 43 points. So essentially last 3rd of his season he played at over 2PPG.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Ya Mantha is net front #1, Ras net front #2. What are you saying?

I'm not convinced that Abdelkader won't retain a spot as the net front guy on PP1 next season, he averaged more PPTOI/game than Mantha this season.

It would be pretty surprising if Rasmussen is given that much responsibility in year 1, assuming he's even on the team all season.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I'm not convinced that Abdelkader won't retain a spot as the net front guy on PP1 next season, he averaged more PPTOI/game than Mantha this season.

It would be pretty surprising if Rasmussen is given that much responsibility in year 1, assuming he's even on the team all season.
I can guarantee you he plays on the Wings all season. I can also guarantee he will be net front on the power play. That is what he does. That is what makes Rasmussen a player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad