Prospect Info: At 29th Overall the Blackhawks Select Henri Jokiharju (signed through 2020-21)

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
You're right to suggest that he could play in the AHL on loan. I'm not so sure the Hawks would want him doing that already. Seems like a big jump for a kid who just turned 18.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You're right to suggest that he could play in the AHL on loan. I'm not so sure the Hawks would want him doing that already. Seems like a big jump for a kid who just turned 18.

I don't disagree. QOing Pokka could give him a friend but I think the Hawks expect Pokka to make the team.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
QO to Pokka seems like one last attempt at getting something out of the Leddy trade. Fully expecting one-way, 1 year/650k deal ala McNeil.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Hawks had 2 options at #29 for RS Rd man ....Jokiharju and Timmins. .they chose HJ over CT...Timmins is a bit taller and they are similar in weight so it had to come down to other factors and playing style..

Jokiharju is allegedly 6'0 187 but he looks so small in the pics taken at the draft when talking to Pat Boden and in tge pic with Stan Bowman ..Now I do not know if Boden is a tall man...Stanbo is not tall ...Yet Jokiharju looked like a shrimp compared to both of them..was this illusion in that Stan and or Boden were standing on a higher level when the photos taken? Whatever Jokiharju looked like a smurf compared to them ...I hope hevisblikely not that "small" ...loke like a 5'6 guy...cannot explain why he looked sp shrimp ...the pic made it look like he only came up to Stan's chin level.So Stan had to get on a higher level ...right? Boden must be 6'4 if Jokiharju is 6'0 right?OR Jokiharju was standing on a level below them for some reason in his respective photos with them?

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hawks had 2 options at #29 for RS Rd man ....Jokiharju and Timmins. .they chose HJ over CT...Timmins is a bit taller and they are similar in weight so it had to come down to other factors and playing style..

Jokiharju is allegedly 6'0 187 but he looks so small in the pics taken at the draft when talking to Pat Boden and in tge pic with Stan Bowman ..Now I do not know if Boden is a tall man...Stanbo is not tall ...Yet Jokiharju looked like a shrimp compared to both of them..was this illusion in that Stan and or Boden were standing on a higher level when the photos taken? Whatever Jokiharju looked like a smurf compared to them ...I hope hevisblikely not that "small" ...loke like a 5'6 guy...cannot explain why he looked sp shrimp ...the pic made it look like he only came up to Stan's chin level.So Stan had to get on a higher level ...right? Boden must be 6'4 if Jokiharju is 6'0 right?OR Jokiharju was standing on a level below them for some reason in his respective photos with them?

c-mon, he is a youngster and is still learning, let the pro coaches develop him and see where he is come trng camp.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Henri Jokiharju: 6-foot-0.75, 187.9 pounds

Subtract an inch for shoes (they say 2 but who wheres gym shoes that are two inches tall anymore?).

Adjusted: Henri Jokiharju: 5-foot-11.75, 186 pounds

Smurf? Come on.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago

Subtract an inch for shoes (they say 2 but who wheres gym shoes that are two inches tall anymore?).

Smurf? Come on.

Yeah, "smurf" has not only gotten nauseating to read but it's also completely misused in addition to being overused.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

did you just make a 6ft guy 5'6"

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I've been collecting some information about this guy from my Finnish "insiders" who know him very well because I didn't know this guy before draft day. And I think I know pretty much everyone of the high picks even outside of Finland. :D

I know Finnish people can be either very suspicious or highly optimistic about something and can not been anything between that. :laugh: But what I've heard, Jokiharju is very ambitious, he trains very hard and he want's to be a NHL'er. His personality is that he is not shy even when he isn't speaking his native tongue, he likes to prank people but he got some leadership in him too. He is very likeable guy.

The more I get to know him, I really like this pick. I think he has more potential than any other Finnish Dman who was drafted and one guy who knows them all said exactly the same thing. I like him.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Smurf? Come on.

Yep. At the draft, I'm pretty sure the guys in the background were standing on a pedestal as they were notably taller (looking).

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I've been collecting some information about this guy from my Finnish "insiders" who know him very well because I didn't know this guy before draft day. And I think I know pretty much everyone of the high picks even outside of Finland. :D

I know Finnish people can be either very suspicious or highly optimistic about something and can not been anything between that. :laugh: But what I've heard, Jokiharju is very ambitious, he trains very hard and he want's to be a NHL'er. His personality is that he is not shy even when he isn't speaking his native tongue, he likes to prank people but he got some leadership in him too. He is very likeable guy.

The more I get to know him, I really like this pick. I think he has more potential than any other Finnish Dman who was drafted and one guy who knows them all said exactly the same thing. I like him.

Sisu!

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford

Thank you :)

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

That is some incredible math.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
How's he doing so far?
Well, this is copied from the prospect boards;

(last 8 games: 1+14=15 +13)

Leads all D-men +/- +31
Leads all D-men PP assists 12
Is second in D-men points 6+24=30
Is second in D-men assists 24
Is second in D-men ppg avg 1.36
Is fourth in D-men sog 73'

So...at least the offense is there? I guess?

Reactions: migi

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Temper the enthusiasm in realizing Portland has a stacked team of talent and can run roughshod over a lot of not so good teams in their division of the WHL. ..still recall that Jokiharju with 3 a last season in the Top Prospects Game was the Player of the Game when alk the CHL top talent for tge draft was playing in the game ..So no doubt playing with top talent even again st bother top talent he is capable of helping an offense score.Thenproblem is ,do tge Hawks have enough "top talent" ANYMORE to convert alk those goid set-ups he can bring?We seek to have massive problems converting chances...so you wonder where the talent went..eg.Toews Saad ...and in the supoirt cast...Panik Sharp...even in the kiddie corps Schmaltz. All mired in a Goal drought of epic proper ion. .Jokiharju setting them alk up for more fails woukd only make us more disappointed..He cannot get asdists if they keep failing to beat goalies ..So temper the enthusiasm..Besides Q will find a way to mess up any talent he has ..do not expect a "saviour"..Maybe if we had a few more Centers and Wings who ...you know..could fill the net some what more consistently instead of once or twice every 12-16 games at best (Jeith may never score goals again even at that slow pace)...

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Temper the enthusiasm in realizing Portland has a stacked team of talent and can run roughshod over a lot of not so good teams in their division of the WHL. ..still recall that Jokiharju with 3 a last season in the Top Prospects Game was the Player of the Game when alk the CHL top talent for tge draft was playing in the game ..So no doubt playing with top talent even again st bother top talent he is capable of helping an offense score.Thenproblem is ,do tge Hawks have enough "top talent" ANYMORE to convert alk those goid set-ups he can bring?We seek to have massive problems converting chances...so you wonder where the talent went..eg.Toews Saad ...and in the supoirt cast...Panik Sharp...even in the kiddie corps Schmaltz. All mired in a Goal drought of epic proper ion. .Jokiharju setting them alk up for more fails woukd only make us more disappointed..He cannot get asdists if they keep failing to beat goalies ..So temper the enthusiasm..Besides Q will find a way to mess up any talent he has ..do not expect a "saviour"..Maybe if we had a few more Centers and Wings who ...you know..could fill the net some what more consistently instead of once or twice every 12-16 games at best (Jeith may never score goals again even at that slow pace)...

" ... nobody knows the troubles I've seen ..... nobody knows the sorrrroow "

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
How's he doing so far?
Having actually *been* to a couple of games he's played in..not too bad. His D positioning and coverage is good and he can put up the points.

Like I said when we drafted him...give him a year or two acclimation to the A/NHL and the Joker should be a solid middle pairing guy for us.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Having actually *been* to a couple of games he's played in..not too bad. His D positioning and coverage is good and he can put up the points.

Like I said when we drafted him...give him a year or two acclimation to the A/NHL and the Joker should be a solid middle pairing guy for us.
too bad, with his offensive productions so far, i really thought he would be a top pairing D-man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->