Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Wicked. Seen him ranked as high as 10. Mckenzie had him at 15. Basically nullifies that moving back from 13th pick.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I think he should stay in Europe for another year or two before coming over. Needs to prove himself in the Euro men's league before he can make the jump and learn the NA game.

Edmunds asked him if he thought he could play on the jets next year and he said no maybe in a year or two.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Welcome to Winnipeg Kristian.

Anyone else notice the Jets changed up their jersey for our pick.

They were alternating white and dark every year with white in the odd numbered years.

Yes, I noticed that as well. I was expecting the white jersey and was a bit surprised they had the dark jersey again this year. It could be that last year they had 2 picks in the 1st round. Patrik Laine wore the dark jersey and Logan Stanley wore the white jersey.

:jets

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Wicked. Seen him ranked as high as 10. Mckenzie had him at 15. Basically nullifies that moving back from 13th pick.

Uhh let's atleast wait till the body of this draft and XD is cold before we start the rationalizations

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
A good prospect, and probably BPA.

Body language of Chevy and the team was pretty telling, though. Looked defeated. They probably wanted to use the pick to either help the team with a D or a G, or pick a guy they LOVED. They walk away from the first round just picking a guy they really liked, and he's a winger. Trades incoming, I hope.

While I think the pick was BPA and I like the player, I think I agree with you on your take of their body language, and inability to get a deal done.

Adding this pick to our stable, we really do have a wealth of talent up front that should now get converted.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
While I think the pick was BPA and I like the player, I think I agree with you on your take of their body language, and inability to get a deal done.

Adding this pick to our stable, we really do have a wealth of talent up front that should now get converted.

Agreed. Time to start making some moves.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
June 1 birthday. wouldn't that make him one of the youngest guys in the draft? I take that as a really important consideration.

D1G

Apr 13, 2017
Winnipeg Manitoba

The inabilities to get deals done seem like it's from him being to cheap and always trying to make to good of a deal for the team. That's like hitting my head against a brick wall and feeling sorry for myself. You have to give to get. And Chevy does not want to give.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
It said on the Tag at the bottom of the screen that he compares his game to Malkin.. I thought the announcers said his game is like Nash's...

Don't have cable available at the moment
Just saw the interview on Facebook

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
After hearing comments I am happy with the pick. Don't know enough to love it but a big physical player who can skate that is skilled will fit in nicely and add something differwnt with our skilled forwards like Ehlers and Connor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad