Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah I heard that too. Some reports he was lackadaisical in interviews and seemed uninterested. Means nothing as he could have been trying to influence his pick.

I will keep an open mind, he is a talented kid and the value is there at that pick. I am glad we stuck to BPA and didn't chase positional need.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
A good prospect, and probably BPA.

Body language of Chevy and the team was pretty telling, though. Looked defeated. They probably wanted to use the pick to either help the team with a D or a G, or pick a guy they LOVED. They walk away from the first round just picking a guy they really liked, and he's a winger. Trades incoming, I hope.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
we are set at centre for a long, long time.

Not really after roslovic we have no one left
Would be nice to have drafted one more centre before pushing for the play offs
Plus trade value options

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
His character issues are exaggerated and he's a steal IMO. Really a top 10 guy. Laine was supposed to have character issues as well and that wasn't true at all.

Good to hear as mentioned I will keep an open mind. I believe he is a winger no?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
A good prospect, and probably BPA.

Body language of Chevy and the team was pretty telling, though. Looked defeated. They probably wanted to use the pick to either help the team with a D or a G, or pick a guy they LOVED. They walk away from the first round just picking a guy they really liked, and he's a winger. Trades incoming, I hope.

I think they wanted this kid all along and chevy was stressing if they should move up a couple of spots to take him or just wait for those 2 picks to get chosen.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
With his skating& size he should be safe 3rd line player.

He has high potential, but that's where his risk is, can he reach that.
I wanted Chevy to pick a D-prospect but Vesalainen provides great value at 24.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
So when to we get our voting poll by the mods? And if someone else makes please give us more than love or hate it as options.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Forgot this one - The MVP of the IIHF U18's. He's often been compared to Puljujärvi.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
Mark Edwards"

I'm not going to include exact quotes, but several Scouts told me that his interview was their least favourite at this years NHL Combine".

Mark dropped him due to what appear to be possible character issues.

Really talented but I have concerns about that.....hope people are wrong? Perhaps our Fin friends can expand?

Maybe it was his rapping. Rhymed all his answers?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think he should stay in Europe for another year or two before coming over. Needs to prove himself in the Euro men's league before he can make the jump and learn the NA game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad