Prospect Info: At 24th Overall the Jets Select Kristian Vesalainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Well because a guy like Armia has the potential to be a 50pt guy but he’s never gotten the opportunity and I don’t want Vesalainen to go down that road. I’m actually very scared that his Offensive potential will be overridden because of this.
I disagree with this narrative. What's keeping Armia back is he can't finish. If Ves gets the opportunity Armia does but scores that's a huge difference.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Impressions from the vid sequences...

He has a scorers mentality...

He has an exceptional release while he is moving...

He skates well in tight or in open space...

He sees the ice well on reception of the puck - keeps his feet moving.... moves into spaces anticipating opponents moves and supporting players as well...

Wow...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Thanks for this! :thumbu:

Does anybody else see a resemblance to EK9? I mean if Kane could shoot.

Big power forward.

Have to be careful, judging by highlights but he looks NHL ready to me. If we move a LW he might just make the Jets next year. Or, from another angle, if the scouting reports match what I see in those highlights, maybe Chevy trades a LW to make room for him.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
He has more heads up awareness than EK9 and his skating lines are more East-West. For those reasons I see more Wheeler in Vesalainen. Wheeler has a heavy bias towards passing, while Vesalainen is more balanced.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Thanks for creating and sharing this.

Hard to process the fact that he's just 18 in a men's league in most of those clips. He's so big and very well-composed.

His skating is excellent, as are his hands. He also reads and reacts quickly, with good vision. He has an NHL-level shot and release.

I think he'll push for a roster spot next season, and should add some scoring punch to the bottom 6. I'm imagining a "lefty" PP2.

Morrissey at point.
Vesalainen at R half wall (mirroring Laine's spot).
Ehlers at L half wall (mirroring Wheeler).
Connor in the slot (Scheifele).
Roslovic down low (Stastny).

Ehlers becomes the passer and Vesalainen is the triggerman on the opposite side.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Curious why there has been no news of him being signed to an ELC. I would have thought him to be signed by now. The only thing I can think of is that they are waiting either till draft day or till July 1st to announce. Jets have a habit of announcing a high profile signing/re-signing on big days for the NHL where not much is going on with the Jets.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Curious why there has been no news of him being signed to an ELC. I would have thought him to be signed by now. The only thing I can think of is that they are waiting either till draft day or till July 1st to announce. Jets have a habit of announcing a high profile signing/re-signing on big days for the NHL where not much is going on with the Jets.

Draft day - since nothing else will be happening involving Jets.

Reactions: JetsFan815

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Thanks for creating and sharing this.

Hard to process the fact that he's just 18 in a men's league in most of those clips. He's so big and very well-composed.

His skating is excellent, as are his hands. He also reads and reacts quickly, with good vision. He has an NHL-level shot and release.

I think he'll push for a roster spot next season, and should add some scoring punch to the bottom 6. I'm imagining a "lefty" PP2.

Morrissey at point.
Vesalainen at R half wall (mirroring Laine's spot).
Ehlers at L half wall (mirroring Wheeler).
Connor in the slot (Scheifele).
Roslovic down low (Stastny).

Ehlers becomes the passer and Vesalainen is the triggerman on the opposite side.

Bolded: Yeah that's definately the biggest standout watching these highlights. How on earth is this kid only 18 years old?

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
You have to understand that water levels are very low at the LOTW right now. This affords a cottage owner a great opportunity to do dock repairs, beach clean up and other assorted tasks.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Or they're just waiting for him to come to Winnipeg so they can take a photo of him signing the contract. He will be there at development camp, he's probably in Finland now.

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level
Or they're just waiting for him to come to Winnipeg so they can take a photo of him signing the contract. He will be there at development camp, he's probably in Finland now.
Ya, training like a boss :cool:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->