Prospect Info: At 112th overall the Chicago Blackhawks select C Tim Soderlund

Bumblebeenineteen

Apr 15, 2009
Smallish intensive unpolished with good hands. Needs to gain weight and build some muscles. In some ways he reminds me of a young Viktor Arvidsson, who also comes from Skellefteå. Not NHL ready, but might be a regular bottom six player in the SHL the upcoming season.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
He is a year older ...passed over last year..But he was ranked #98 in Top 1000 b6 The Hockey News for this draft. .This is a Marcus Kruger type player...

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
No. 135 and No. 181 picks to the Vancouver Canucks...

Ok thanks. Im still standing by the Samonella comparision.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
He's close to being able to compete for a AHL/NHL job, have to think that's one reason the Hawks really wanted him. You will see at rookie camp just how much more advanced he will look compared to the 18 year olds.

Hagelin is a good comparison or a smaller, smarter, faster Ras. Or a mix of Kruger and Arvidsson of NAS.

Tim will be a bottom sixer but has the chance to be a really good one. I'll take that with a 4th rounder.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
He had a really nice showing at the WJC. Undersized but he's really mobile, has good speed. "Sparkplug" kind of player. Lot of energy, makes things happen. Not a high-end offensive talent but could produce well as a support guy in the bottom six and be a good PK'er.

McRib

#SoldierFields
May 2, 2014
My friend in Sweden is good friends with this guy, my friend was super mad the Hawks drafted him (saying he doesn't care for the Hawks is putting it lightly)

Last edited:

Pile

May 5, 2015
Chicago
My friend in Sweden is good friends with this guy, he was super mad the Hawks drafted him (saying he doesn't care for the Hawks is putting it lightly)

If your source knows, I'd love to hear who he would rather have been drafted by.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My friend in Sweden is good friends with this guy, he was super mad the Hawks drafted him (saying he doesn't care for the Hawks is putting it lightly)

Kinda funny, actually. Not entirely sure why he would be mad, and not care for the Hawks. If there's one organization that takes care of their players, it's them.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Kinda funny, actually. Not entirely sure why he would be mad, and not care for the Hawks. If there's one organization that takes care of their players, it's them.

Right, he'd rather see his friend miserable but playing for the Coyotes. Thanks bro!

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I'm not sure if I'm the only one that found this confusing. originally. I thought Soderlund was mad that he was drafted by the Hawks. It turns out that its just the friend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad