OT: Assorted Other Sports Thread

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Pats vs Jags... A lot of people are picking the Jags... I think the Pats win.
I'm no NFL expert, but Bortles seems pretty shit. The Jags beat Buffalo, then (to their credit) blitzed the Steelers in the first half and desperately hung on for the win. This Joe-Fan will be picking the Pats.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Lifelong Eagles fan here, will be interesting to see how they fail this time around in epic fashion, especially considering there legs were cut right out from underneath them and they have the built in excuse just before the playoffs in the injury to Wentz!

Sens and Eagles are my two teams who are perennial losers and generally hated by most other fans of their respective leagues, I generally accept I will never celebrate a championship from a favoured team in my lifetime.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Lifelong Eagles fan here, will be interesting to see how they fail this time around in epic fashion, especially considering there legs were cut right out from underneath them and they have the built in excuse just before the playoffs in the injury to Wentz!

Sens and Eagles are my two teams who are perennial losers and generally hated by most other fans of their respective leagues, I generally accept I will never celebrate a championship from a favoured team in my lifetime.

Vikings Eagles should be a good game.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I'm going to root for the Vikings for the sole reason that I think it would be cool if they played the Superbowl in their home stadium.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Long time Pats fan

Fair enough, that strange Pats related article that came out a few weeks back seems to have little to no affect on the team/fans but did raise some interesting questions about their future, do you expect Brady to play for a few more years and still be effective? As an outsider I don't see Brady declining significantly from year to year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Fair enough, that strange Pats related article that came out a few weeks back seems to have little to no affect on the team/fans but did raise some interesting questions about their future, do you expect Brady to play for a few more years and still be effective? As an outsider I don't see Brady declining significantly from year to year.
I could see a couple more years. There were some reported squabbles .. I guess we will find out more after they win the Super Bowl ;)

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
You were saying?
tenor.gif

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Well, you had every reason to think it would be a good game. Oh well, I guess the Eagles have the honour of losing to New England in the Super Bowl.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Pretty great start for the Jays at 8-5, especially considering they dropped the first 2 games.
The pitching has looked fantastic, that's probably the biggest point of optimism because it seems really sustainable.
Getting Sanchez back healthy is huge, the rest of the rotation is solid and the bullpen looks to be in good shape again.

In related news, this guy Ohtani is a pretty crazy story to follow. Such a unique thing to have a two way talent like this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad