OT: Association Football Thread II (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
@Machinehead @NYRPat21 Makes sense.

When the Red Bulls signed Henry, I got into MLS. Had been a United fan only for years. So it was never really a question for me when NYCFC was formed. But there's no chance I could support them. Same uniforms and everything.

Sucks cause their training ground is right near my house. My cousin is in their academy. But I loathe them. ha!

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

When the Red Bulls signed Henry, I got into MLS. Had been a United fan only for years. So it was never really a question for me when NYCFC was formed. But there's no chance I could support them. Same uniforms and everything.

Sucks cause their training ground is right near my house. My cousin is in their academy. But I loathe them. ha!
That's me with the Riveters. Used to a be fan and then they moved their home games to the Devils training facility and started wearing red and black.

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
Salah with stats that your 9-year old nephew puts up in EA Sports FIFA 18 career mode.
  • 8/9 assists along with 37 goals
  • only one goal from a penalty
  • a dozen or so goals in the final 15 minutes, equalising or winning the game at just the right moment just like a human player would do in FIFA 18, on easy mode.
There may be a lot more talented players that do not reach 10% of what he has done this season. He just implements all the fundamentals of the modern striker. Pitch perfect player.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
That's me with the Riveters. Used to a be fan and then they moved their home games to the Devils training facility and started wearing red and black.

Wait, was the red and black thing a reference to the Devils? I jumped on the City bandwagon anyway when they arrived on the scene but I would have dropped the NYRB sooner if the red and black is Devils related.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Wait, was the red and black thing a reference to the Devils? I jumped on the City bandwagon anyway when they arrived on the scene but I would have dropped the NYRB sooner if the red and black is Devils related.
In their case, no, but the Rivs are definitely wearing Devils jerseys.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York

That’s totally fair and understandable. Funny thing last year on the LIRR to a game, this guy comes up to me and starts telling me how he’s a Red Bull fan and a Man City supporter at the same time and I found that pretty hysterical. It’s early, but I think both NYCFC and NYRB have a chance to do big things this season.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
That’s totally fair and understandable. Funny thing last year on the LIRR to a game, this guy comes up to me and starts telling me how he’s a Red Bull fan and a Man City supporter at the same time and I found that pretty hysterical. It’s early, but I think both NYCFC and NYRB have a chance to do big things this season.
The weird one for me is that I'm a Yankees fan and Liverpool is owned by the Red Sox family.

But the Yankees and Red Sox have hated each other for so long we're more like awkward relatives at this point.

NYRPat21

Jan 1, 2010
Ridge, New York
The weird one for me is that I'm a Yankees fan and Liverpool is owned by the Red Sox family.

But the Yankees and Red Sox have hated each other for so long we're more like awkward relatives at this point.

Yeah I’m a Yankee fan as well and I didn’t realize Liverpool was owned by FSG until it was too late and it’s honestly whatever haha.

Reactions: Machinehead

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
So we could possibly be seeing a TFC-NYRB match-up in the CONCACAF CL finals...

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gotta stay strong, far from over.

If it goes 3-1, they only need to beat us 2-0 at home which is nothing.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Full time!

7e2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad