OT: Association Football Thread II (All Soccer Talk Here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Are NYCFC fans here pissed that City is taking Lampard on loan for the full year? Could be make or break for a playoff spot by the end of the season, who knows.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Are NYCFC fans here pissed that City is taking Lampard on loan for the full year? Could be make or break for a playoff spot by the end of the season, who knows.

Well worth it if he in any way helps Chelsea not win the title.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Petke officially out.

Just had to outdo the other NY club in ********

I don't get it. A Supporter's Shield and a Conference Final in the past two seasons isn't good enough? And then go ahead and replace him with an equally inexperienced coach? Something stinks.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Last edited:

BarbaraAlphanse

Did Falcao really not make the cut to be even a substitute?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Did Falcao really not make the cut to be even a substitute?

He started three straight games, time for a rest I guess.

This loss is on van Gaal 100%. He didn't have his team ready at all, and he made horrific decisions with his substitutions.

If the rumors of Varane from Madrid being available are true, United need to go all in. The team desperately needs a young center back to build the back line around. Blackett needs to be loaned out or sold immediately. He sucks. Any team with CL aspirations with him getting regular or even substitute minutes is a farce.

BarbaraAlphanse

He started three straight games, time for a rest I guess.

This loss is on van Gaal 100%. He didn't have his team ready at all, and he made horrific decisions with his substitutions.

If the rumors of Varane from Madrid being available are true, United need to go all in. The team desperately needs a young center back to build the back line around. Blackett needs to be loaned out or sold immediately. He sucks. Any team with CL aspirations with him getting regular or even substitute minutes is a farce.

Hummels & Varrane. Also need players that can hit the ****ing net on shots.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Boggles my mind that Liverpool is 5 points out of 4th. We ****ing absolutely blow. The 2015 EPL is shaping up to be Chelsea, City, and 18 minor league teams.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cole Grossman just signed for my team. Anyone with two cents to share about how he is?

He's a defensive midfielder who can defend but don't expect much going forward. Dribbling, passing, shot are all pretty much non-existent. Didn't really play much last season. In MLS, he's a back up DM. Don't know what that translates to in Norway.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't get it. A Supporter's Shield and a Conference Final in the past two seasons isn't good enough? And then go ahead and replace him with an equally inexperienced coach? Something stinks.

Different vision for the team than front office, ownership from what I've read.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Boggles my mind that Liverpool is 5 points out of 4th. We ****ing absolutely blow. The 2015 EPL is shaping up to be Chelsea, City, and 18 minor league teams.

I think you guys will finish top 4.

Nice run for Southampton, but don't think they have the talent to finish top 4. Man United's been really lucky. Think they drop down a few places when they start to play at their real level. I think by the end of the season, its between Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham for two places.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Mix Diskerud signs for NYCFC. Sounds like he had interest from some better leagues. Wonder why he chose NYCFC.

I think it's great choice for him. He could be a pretty good player in better leagues, but he'll be a star here, and gets to play in his home nation in the biggest city in that nation.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think it's great choice for him. He could be a pretty good player in better leagues, but he'll be a star here, and gets to play in his home nation in the biggest city in that nation.

Maybe for MLS fans and the league in general, but probably not for Diskerud's career and the US Mens National Team.

Will be cool to have him playing for NYCFC. Definitely a very good player and an interesting character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad