Speculation: Assistant Coaches for next season

Thndrstruck

Sep 3, 2011
Calgary
So Darryl's the new Head Coach for the next couple of season, but what does that mean for the assistant/associate coaches? My personal opinion is that Darryl will look for his guys. Gelinas might stay on, and Huska is a maybe, not sure about Edwards. What do you think? Who should we bring in? Discuss.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Special team and goalie coach…don’t care much about anything else

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
So Darryl's the new Head Coach for the next couple of season, but what does that mean for the assistant/associate coaches? My personal opinion is that Darryl will look for his guys. Gelinas might stay on, and Huska is a maybe, not sure about Edwards. What do you think? Who should we bring in? Discuss.
Rich Preston is available

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To bad Jim Playfair is up north!
Playfair was never a Suter guy, in fact Playfair was up for the head coach position when Sutter was originally hired. He was that generations Huska, organizational guy being groomed to eventually be head coach. We're seeing this more and more too with Vancouver and Green and Toronto and Keefe.

Thndrstruck

Sep 3, 2011
Calgary
Playfair was never a Suter guy, in fact Playfair was up for the head coach position when Sutter was originally hired. He was that generations Huska, organizational guy being groomed to eventually be head coach. We're seeing this more and more too with Vancouver and Green and Toronto and Keefe.
Then why did Sutter make him head coach as a GM?

Reactions: RasmusAndersson

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
If Travis Green is let go by the Canucks, I wouldn't mind him on the Flames staff. Assuming Darryl and he are on the same page philosophy wise.

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
If Travis Green is let go by the Canucks, I wouldn't mind him on the Flames staff. Assuming Darryl and he are on the same page philosophy wise.
I think it would be a mistake to just look for guys who are on the same page as you. Need diversity and people who will challenge ideas, not a bunch of yes men.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think it would be a mistake to just look for guys who are on the same page as you. Need diversity and people who will challenge ideas, not a bunch of yes men.
Funny enough Geoff Ward is a good assistant coach for hard ass coaches

Reactions: User1996

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

You need both. You can't work with someone who is always opposite as you. But someone who is a clone of you amplifies problems that currently exists

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Don't know about assistants but the Flames need to poach Ian Clark for their goalie dept

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00