Assistance on top 100

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
UPDATED 05/29

This is quoted from a post I made on the Oilers board.
I've got an updated ranking list from comparing opinions on as many prospects as possible. Reading reviews, opinions, and comparing where they're listed on the differant ratings you can find on the net. Throwing in a little bit of guess work by checking stats, age, size, league, plus of the prospects I have had the chance to watch on TV. What I really want, is it to be ripped apart. Think a guy is to high or to low, let me know and why. The more opinions that match your's, the more likely it is I'll listen, but if you put up a good argument of why, and I buy it, I may still listen to you for a few ranking spots. Let me know, please and thank you :)

1 Jakub Voracek
2 James Van Riemsdyk
3 Kyle Turris
4 Patrick Kane
5 Kyle Alzner
6 Sam Gagner
7 Alexei Cherepanov
8 Keaton Ellerby
9 Logan Couture
10 Lars Eller
11 Kevin Shattenkirk
12 Mikael Backlund
13 Ryan McDonagh
14 Angelo Esposito
15 Zach Hamill
16 Simon Hjalmarsson
17 Alex Plante
18 Max Pacioretty
19 Colby Cohen
20 Patrick White
21 Thomas Hickey
22 Bill Sweatt
23 John Blum
24 Maxim Mayorov
25 Tommy Cross
26 Kevin Veilleux
27 Ian Cole
28 Joakim Andersson
29 Mark Katic
30 Brandon Sutter
31 Maxim Goncharov
32 Brett Maclean
33 Sergei Korostin
34 Dale Mitchell
35 Nick Petrecki
36 Tyson Sexsmith
37 Evgeni Dadonov
38 Aaron Palushaj
39 Oscar Muller
40 Alexander Killorn
41 Stefan Legein
42 Michal Repik
43 Zach Torquato
44 Juraj Valach
45 TJ Brennan
46 Nick Ross
47 David Perron
48 James O'Brien
49 Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i
50 Vladimir Ruzicka
51 Nick Palmieri
52 Kent Patterson
53 Will Weber
54 Jeremy Smith
55 Nick Larson
56 Dana Tyrell
57 Teddy Ruth
58 Logan MacMillan
59 Trevor Cann
60 Radim Ostrcil
61 Antoine Lafleur
62 Linden Rowat
63 Maxime Tanguay
64 Eric Tangradi
65 Joseph Lavin
66 Casey Pierro-Zabotel
67 Mark Owuya
68 Eric Doyle
69 Keith Aulie
70 Blake Kessel
71 Akim Aliu
72 TJ Galiardi
73 Colton Gillies
74 Kevin Marshall
75 Jens Hellgren
76 Nick Spaling
77 Robert Bortuzzo
78 Ruslan Bashkirov
79 Denis Reul
80 Michael Biega
81 Fredrik Andersson
82 Ben Blood
83 Mike Hoeffel
84 Max Gretchev
85 Niklas Torp
86 Jake Hansen
87 Riley Nash
88 Nikolai Lukyanchikov
89 Alexander Vasiliev
90 Bryan Cameron
91 Joel Gistedt
92 Egor Averin
93 Drayson Bowman
94 Eetu Poysti
95 Alex Grant
96 Jesse Jyrkkio
97 Josh Kidd
98 Jean-Simon Allard
99 Nick Negrin
100 Brad Philips
101 Brendan Smith
102 Niklas Lucenius
103 Jonathon Carrier
104 Taylor Ellington
105 Marek Benda
106 Simon Lacroix
107 David Stich
108 Justin Falk
109 Craig Smith
110 Juraj Mikus
111 Yakov Seleznev
112 Ryan Hayes
113 Ben Ryan
114 Andrew Engelage
115 Lassi Kokkala
116 Nick Bonino
117 Milan Kytnar
118 Olivier Fortier
119 Sergei Gayduchenko
120 Vitali Karamnov
121 Jan Pisacek
122 Dwight King
123 Joonas Jarvinen
124 Timo Pielmeier
125 Marek Daloga
126 Charles-Antoine Messier
127 Sebastian Erixon
128 Vasily Tokranov
129 Alexander Eriksson
130 Jason Gregoire
131 Vincent LoVerde
132 Jimmy Andersson
133 Linus Omark
134 Mark Guggenberger
135 Mario Kempe
136 Spencer Machenek
137 Oliver Lauridsen
138 Jason Gregoire
139 Nico Sacchetti
140 John Murray

Oh, and please let me know if there's any errors, ie double names/misspelt, stuff like that. This is a draft in the works still after all. Thanks.

Last edited:

pdxshark

Apr 26, 2006
Portland, OR
I'd deffinantly have colton sceviour in the top 90 and hickey looks a little low. I don't get to see many players outside the dub so its hard for me to really say but thomas hickey is one of the most impressive mobile defenseman i've seen (this comming from a guy who hates the team he plays for) 17-18 is where i'd have hickey I think.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
i dont think moller will fall out of round 1
who is kyle alzner ? he's rated pretty high for me to have never heard of

You've never heard of Alzner? Wow, you must not be following this draft too much ;)

Seen by many as the best defenceman in this draft, the player that can possibly be the most NHL-ready out of this crop. Reminds people a lot of Wade Redden I guess, just a good all-around d-man. Perfect size, listed at 6'2 210 lbs and is apparently doing well in the playoffs. He plays for the Calgary Hitmen in the WHL. Here's a link:

http://whl.ca/en/stats/player.php?id=24019

Like I said, right now he is the best defenceman in the draft, but some others have the potential to be better, like Ellerby and Shattenkirk, but you might have to wait a bit for those two. Hope this helps.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
You've never heard of Alzner? Wow, you must not be following this draft too much ;)

Seen by many as the best defenceman in this draft, the player that can possibly be the most NHL-ready out of this crop. Reminds people a lot of Wade Redden I guess, just a good all-around d-man. Perfect size, listed at 6'2 210 lbs and is apparently doing well in the playoffs. He plays for the Calgary Hitmen in the WHL. Here's a link:

http://whl.ca/en/stats/player.php?id=24019

Like I said, right now he is the best defenceman in the draft, but some others have the potential to be better, like Ellerby and Shattenkirk, but you might have to wait a bit for those two. Hope this helps.

I think the original poster was being facetious because his first name is Karl not Kyle.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
I'd deffinantly have colton sceviour in the top 90 and hickey looks a little low. I don't get to see many players outside the dub so its hard for me to really say but thomas hickey is one of the most impressive mobile defenseman i've seen (this comming from a guy who hates the team he plays for) 17-18 is where i'd have hickey I think.

There is absolutely no way Alex Plante is a better defenseman than Hickey, but I can see Hickey go anywhere from 12-25. Personally, I like him better than Ellerby, McDonagh, Blum, and Shattenkirk.

Where's Riley Nash? He's definately locked himself into a second round selection IMO and hop into the bottom half of the first round if someone likes him.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
There is absolutely no way Alex Plante is a better defenseman than Hickey, but I can see Hickey go anywhere from 12-25. Personally, I like him better than Ellerby, McDonagh, Blum, and Shattenkirk.

Where's Riley Nash? He's definately locked himself into a second round selection IMO and hop into the bottom half of the first round if someone likes him.

Yep, the oilers might even pick him 36th overall.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
Wheres the rest?

It's been finding enough opinions on the rest, which is partially what I was looking for in this thread. Along with the individual rating debate.

edd1e said:
As a big suporter of the Finnish prospects this is a grim year for me.
Is there any guy's you'd like to try and pimp here? Let us Canadians who are not as exposed to Euro hockey nearly as much as North American (obviouslly), get your personal opinion on some of the Finns, and if you think they may be worth picking and why.

dannoabrown said:
i dont think moller will fall out of round 1
who is kyle alzner ? he's rated pretty high for me to have never heard of
Smart ass;)
As for Moller, you're most likely right, but this is meant as a ranking system, and it doesn't seem to me that he's one of the top 30 prospects available in this draft. May be one I change though if more seem to think he deserves to be higher here.

i think you ranked David Perron too low
Really? I noticed that a lot of ratings have him fairly high, but when I read reviews, they almost always talk about him as if he's at the same level as the other draft guy's, but he's not. He's a year older, and that should show in his on and off ice game. It's a big advantage at that age.

Max Pacioretti will not pass the 1st round, or early 2nd IMO.
I've read a few more recent comments/reviews on Max, and he's definetly a guy I'll be moving up in my next update.

Hmm, Plante is a tough one to nail. People either seem to love or hate him. Some even favour him as the best potential of any dman in this draft. I've heard knocks on his skating, and also that it's very good. Some have commented on his ability to be an elite #1 guy, while others, the majority, seem to think he'll top out a Staios type level, likely lower. For now, I'm going to have him still fairly high, unless the negative continues to outweigh the positives. My line of thinking is that if a few REALLY like him, he's got to have some untapped potential those who don't see him as often don't see.

As for Nash, not disagreeing, as I have read/heard couple nice things about him lately, but what makes you think he's 'locked' himself into a late 1st/2nd round pick.

Thanks for the input so far everyone.

bigv

Aug 13, 2006
Czech republic
Denis Reul 2nd rounder where is Juraj Valach Tri city Americans player 30 points this season ...................he is 2nd rounder not a Germany Monster:biglaugh:

________

Feb 6, 2006
F Nico Sacchetti he's likely to go anywhere from mid to late second to mid third.

Jamie

Mar 2, 2002
Victoria, BC
Visit site
This is quoted from a post I made on the Oilers board.
I've got an updated ranking list from comparing opinions on as many prospects as possible. Reading reviews, opinions, and comparing where they're listed on the differant ratings you can find on the net. Throwing in a little bit of guess work by checking stats, age, size, league, plus of the prospects I have had the chance to watch on TV. What I really want, is it to be ripped apart. Think a guy is to high or to low, let me know and why. The more opinions that match your's, the more likely it is I'll listen, but if you put up a good argument of why, and I buy it, I may still listen to you for a few ranking spots. Let me know, please and thank you :)

Oh, and please let me know if there's any errors, ie double names/misspelt, stuff like that. This is a draft in the works still after all. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
Pat Kane IS the best player in this draft, without a doubt. No way he ever falls to fourth. Repik will also most definately go first round after his Mem Cup performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad