Assisstant GM's Who will be Capologists

Status
Not open for further replies.

theoilers

Jan 25, 2004
I'm sure that Bill Watters must be salivating at the thought of returning since he is a lawyer / accountant (I think) and a contract negotiator as well who knows the CBA.

Other cap-o-logists for teams in the NHL (I think) will include:

Kings: Kevin Gilmore (brightly trained lawyer in contention for NHL GM Position)

Leafs: John Ferguson (lawyer who did all contract and knew CBA inside out for St. Louis Blues and now Leafs)

Stars: Francoios Giguer - Lead negiotator and CPA (degree) so he will be for the Stars

Oilers: Scott Howson (lawyer who reads over all contracts and knows CBA and lead negtioptator for contracts in Edmonton)

Wild (Ton Lynn): Recently promoted to GM and lead with Risebrigh on contracts and sal arb

Sens: PETER CHIARELLI - lawyer and always lead negiotator under so many GM's in Sens History

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
theoilers said:
I'm sure that Bill Watters must be salivating at the thought of returning since he is a lawyer / accountant (I think) and a contract negotiator as well who knows the CBA.

Returning where? I thought he was an english teacher before getting into hockey. But he did do the contracts when he was with the Leafs.

StevenintheATL

Jun 12, 2004
The ATL!
Thrashers' Capologist will probably be Larry Simmons (Assistant GM and Director of Hockey Operations); and I'm sure Bill Duffy, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Atlanta Spirit LLC, and Bernie Mullin (President and CEO of Atlanta Spirit) will be involved as well.

dafranchz

Phoenix has Asst. GM Laurence Gilman

....His duties also include involvement in the development and implementation of the budget for the Coyotes’ hockey operations department, negotiation of player contracts, salary arbitration, player transactions, scouting and personnel matters as well as the administration and application of the NHL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement.

www.phoenixcoyotes.comhttp://www.phoenixcoyotoes.com/

saskhab

May 12, 2004
Saskatoon
www.puckworlds.com
Birdman said:
The top 5 math geniuses graduating from MIT and Harvard last month,
Dear God, I hope those grads have more sense than to join a severely battered pro sports league offering jobs with a made up title like 'capologist'. What the hell is capology?

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC

growne

Apr 27, 2004
Barcelona

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
People here have never heard of capologists before?

The NFL has them. For the Eagles, that is Joe Banner's only job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad