Pre-Game Talk: Asses handed to us in Dallas?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Haven’t watched a game in nearly 6 weeks but reading the tea leaves with this team I think we get our asses handed to us vs Dallas.

A - we never win there
B - we usually play like shit there
C - Pickard is overdue for a crappy game
D - PK has gone for shit
E - Connor Brown is a skating black hole
F - D has gone for shit
G - Depth scoring has gone for shit
H - PP has gone for shit
I - Dallas is red hot right now.
J - Did I mention Connor Brown is a skating black hole?

I usually predict wins but this one was one in the Prediction thread I scored a loss for and I don’t see that changing.

Sorry for being a Negative Nellie but it’s the overbearing feeling I have so I am venting it out to my HF Oil friends and I’m having serious Oiler game withdrawals and need moral support right now.

Please help me. :cry:

Last edited:

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1705966685799296.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Haven’t watched a game in nearly 6 weeks but reading the tea leaves with this team I think we get our asses handed to us vs Dallas.

A - we never win there
D - PK has gone for shit
F - D has gone for shit
H - PP has gone for shit

I usually predict wins but this one was one in the Prediction thread I scored a loss for and I don’t see that changing.

Sorry for being a Negative Nellie but it’s the overbearing feeling I have so I am venting it out to my HF Oil friends and I’m having serious Oiler game withdrawals and need moral support right now.

The Oilers are gonna win this game. We're gonna party like its 97. Mcleod scores a Marchant like goal with blazing speed off the wing for the winner.

This immediately after Pickard makes sensational stops.

The Dallas fans will throw up a bit, not as much as 97 but...

Heres one. Connor Brown will actually score a goal. I've never predicted that. Whoops, no, that was Connor McDavid in my crystal ball. Sorry Connors.

Dallas are up, Dallas are down. Like a toilet lid. You never know which opponent you're getting. I like Dallas Stars, just saying.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

A - we never win there
D - PK has gone for shit
F - D has gone for shit
H - PP has gone for shit

What's a PP???

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The Oilers are gonna win this game. We're gonna party like its 97. Mcleod scores a Marchant like goal with blazing speed off the wing for the winner.

This immediately after Pickard makes sensational stops.

The Dallas fans will throw up a bit, not as much as 97 but...

Heres one. Connor Brown will actually score a goal. I've never predicted that. Whoops, no, that was Connor McDavid in my crystal ball. Sorry Connors.

Dallas are up, Dallas are down. Like a toilet lid. You never know which opponent you're getting. I like Dallas Stars, just saying.

I just boarded my plane for back home after going through more vigourous security screening than getting into Ft Knox with a machine gun. I was ready for the full cavity inspection at the rate they were going.

I will be in the air for most of the Dallas game so whatever happens I’ll be expecting the worst but hoping for the best.

Can’t wait to watch an Oiler game from the comfort of my couch or in my regular Rogers seat!

What's a PP???

You could Google it but make sure your not at work and if your home make sure your alone and the door is locked as I’m afraid what would come up on the search engine.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I am predicting the Oilers are thoroughly spanked. I feel like it’s been that way against Dallas my entire life lol

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Dallas is super hit or miss.

Edmonton should be motivated after the steamer they dropped last game.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
What's a PP???

I had to look it up. Apparently it could be one of these things

power play

noun​

1. A situation in ice hockey, lacrosse, and certain other sports in which one team has a temporary numerical advantage because the other team has had one or more players removed from play on account of a penalty.
  2. An offensive maneuver in a team game, especially in football, in which a massive concentration of players is applied in a certain area.
  3. A strategic maneuver, as in politics, diplomacy, or business, based on the use or threatened use of power as a means of coercion.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Dallas is super hit or miss.

Edmonton should be motivated after the steamer they dropped last game.
Yep. The Blues played probably one of their best games of the season against us. They had the new coach, and they had the dire need of pts in the standings to preserve a WC spot. Sometimes you face a club that needs the game more and will break down doors to get it. This is not likely to be the case with Dallas.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Game in Dallas and in the afternoon? This is about as automatic of a loss as you can get

Oilers will be skating in quick sand for about the first half of the game and down a few goals.

Dallas is a weird team

Almost everytime I have watched them this year, they have looked like a bottom 5 utter sh** of a team. Black hole offensively, etc. Like I wonder how they are considered any good.

Then I see them blow teams out, etc.

We outplayed them badly in our first game and got goalie'd hard by their backup

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Dunno, I don’t have a lot of faith with their post All Star break play, but Dallas could come out a bit flat after a blowout win. That would be cool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad