Ask me your investment questions

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
OMFG Cryptoad can you please leave my thread. This was started to talk about real investments. I am physically unable to even with you.

Reactions: iGetThatBread

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
OMFG Cryptoad can you please leave my thread. This was started to talk about real investments. I am physically unable to even with you.
The subway guy can hook you up on a few shares of Subway if you're interested. You can probably make a whole $5 over a year with that smart investment.

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
The subway guy can hook you up on a few shares of Subway if you're interested. You can probably make a whole $5 over a year with that smart investment.
If you weren't such an ignoramus I might actually be able to teach you a thing or two son, bur you ignorance is BLEEDING through.

Reactions: VickAshley

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
Real question:
Can you buy and trade on your own at your free will? Do you have to go through a broker and fees or is there a way to just buy and sell on your own from a home office?

Thanks.

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
Real question:
Can you buy and trade on your own at your free will? Do you have to go through a broker and fees or is there a way to just buy and sell on your own from a home office?

Thanks.
Yes, I'd recommend Robinhood. It's free trades.

iGetThatBread

Mar 18, 2018
Real question:

Thanks.
Yikes, you're gonna be poor litteraly your whole life.
Yes, I'd recommend Robinhood. It's free trades.
Robinhood is aight for traditional trading, but it doesn't allow you to open up short, long, or marginal accounts, which potentially provide the most ROI. I guess since @CTC is a dummy, this is a perfect suggestion for him.

CRM 114

Mar 17, 2018
Yikes, you're gonna be poor litteraly your whole life.

Robinhood is aight for traditional trading, but it doesn't allow you to open up short, long, or marginal accounts, which potentially provide the most ROI. I guess since @CTC is a dummy, this is a perfect suggestion for him.
He seemed pretty beginner-ish, so I thought Robinhood was a good platform for him to test the waters.

Reactions: iGetThatBread

Chonged

Apr 24, 2018
My abuelita Bought a Reit and they Wont Give Her any Of Her Money Back I am Not Sure Why My Girlfriend Says We Couldnt Sell It

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I invest in hockey cards. I go on eBay and look to buy cards at auction that are selling cheap. I then re list them at a higher price and accept offers.

I am on numerous Facebook groups that buy, sell and trade hockey cards. Also I live Kitchener, Ontario where Canada’s largest hockey card store is. The last Saturday of every month they have a traders get together. Usually 15-30 people go who I will trade with. Sometimes buy or sell there too.

The trick is this; new hockey card products come out often. Many collectors like to collect the current rookies. They will buy packs or boxes and open them and hope to get something good. Cards from newer products are always hot and are easy to sell. I will trade those cards that I bought for under market value on eBay and trade them for newer cards.

Another trick is to buy big cards to trade them. Now the profit margin is not usually the best on them because higher end cards are more sought after. So say that their is a card that should sell for $250 but I bought it for $200. Now I will go to trade that card and many people can’t afford to buy that card for $250 but they will trade up for it. They will trade numerous cards (4-10) that total $300.

I started this in 2010. I had hockey cards as a kid and just checked it out again when I was 27. I bought a card at a card store for $10 and sold it for $20. That got me hooked. I then took that $20 and turned it into $30. The profits were just way too slow though. So I went and got a $1,000 credit card and maxed it out. Grew up the inventory and paid the credit card off. Nine years later and I have about $15,000 worth of inventory.

Now I will say that I play about 25-30 rounds of golf a year and all of that money comes out of my hockey card money. That way my wife doesn’t complain that I golf too much. That plus just other spending that I do to have fun come out of that account. My totals could be much higher if I actually only focused on building.

I work a full time job so this is just a hobby.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I invest in hockey cards. I go on eBay and look to buy cards at auction that are selling cheap. I then re list them at a higher price and accept offers.

I am on numerous Facebook groups that buy, sell and trade hockey cards. Also I live Kitchener, Ontario where Canada’s largest hockey card store is. The last Saturday of every month they have a traders get together. Usually 15-30 people go who I will trade with. Sometimes buy or sell there too.

The trick is this; new hockey card products come out often. Many collectors like to collect the current rookies. They will buy packs or boxes and open them and hope to get something good. Cards from newer products are always hot and are easy to sell. I will trade those cards that I bought for under market value on eBay and trade them for newer cards.

Another trick is to buy big cards to trade them. Now the profit margin is not usually the best on them because higher end cards are more sought after. So say that their is a card that should sell for $250 but I bought it for $200. Now I will go to trade that card and many people can’t afford to buy that card for $250 but they will trade up for it. They will trade numerous cards (4-10) that total $300.

I started this in 2010. I had hockey cards as a kid and just checked it out again when I was 27. I bought a card at a card store for $10 and sold it for $20. That got me hooked. I then took that $20 and turned it into $30. The profits were just way too slow though. So I went and got a $1,000 credit card and maxed it out. Grew up the inventory and paid the credit card off. Nine years later and I have about $15,000 worth of inventory.

Now I will say that I play about 25-30 rounds of golf a year and all of that money comes out of my hockey card money. That way my wife doesn’t complain that I golf too much. That plus just other spending that I do to have fun come out of that account. My totals could be much higher if I actually only focused on building.

ok gary vaynerchuk

iGetThatBread

Mar 18, 2018

This story is so depressing. Like, honestly... Imagine writing litteraly 10 paragraphs on an online forum about a measly 15k accross NINE years... Holy shit. Wake me up when you aren't homesless.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Well considering you made peanuts over 8 years, I'd sure hope so..

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
This story is so depressing. Like, honestly... Imagine writing litteraly 10 paragraphs on an online forum about a measly 15k accross NINE years... Holy ****. Wake me up when you aren't homesless.

Well considering you made peanuts over 8 years, I'd sure hope so..

I think that the difference between me and you guys is that this is just a hobby for me. I do usually $2,000-3,000 a month in sales. Not bad for a hobby. I work a full time job in health care. I make a decent living doing so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->