Aside from AO and EM, who will be the best of 04?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Am I the only one missing something here? From everything I've heard and read, the reason Olesz dropped was because of his lack of an offensive game. From what I've heard, he doesn't have top level skills. I've never had him pegged as a top offensive talent. Am I missing something?

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
#2 said:
I am going to say
Olesz and Tukonen will be solid solid players, but i think the 3rd talent is gonna come from Viktor Alexandrov(underdog)

Thanks for your support... everything I've read about Alexandrov suggests that the guy has all the skills to be a first-rate offensive powerhouse in the NHL, and 5-11, 183 isn't that small...

Tukonen, Olesz and Scremp should all be solid players also, and if Carl Soderberg becomes a Mats Sundin type, as he's been compared to, the Blues will have done pretty darn well for themselves in this draft.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Kritty said:
Am I the only one missing something here? From everything I've heard and read, the reason Olesz dropped was because of his lack of an offensive game. From what I've heard, he doesn't have top level skills. I've never had him pegged as a top offensive talent. Am I missing something?

In the Czech league it is very defensive and younger players do not get the chance to show their offensive skills too much in the league. The same thing happened to Michalek, I seen Michalek play and every one said he has so-so offensive skill but when I watched him here in Halifax at the WJHC he had great offense and was possibly one of Czechs best offensive players. Before Olesz played in the Extra League, he was pegged as an offensive player with great two way ability and grit, then he goes to the Extra league and his offense is questioned, the same Michaleks was. IMO Olesz still has his great offensive game, he just needs to use it, the early scouting on him last year was a great stick handler with exciting moves, great playmaker and goes to the net and has a scorers touch, I can't just see his offensive skill going bye-bye. I think it is a classic case of his team to get him to consentrate on defense and not offense and doing all the little things right. Michalek has proven in the NHL and AHL for the time he did play that he has some great offense and I think Olesz is the same.

Don't always go by scouting reports, Sergei Gonchar was drafted as a defensive forward with little offensive upside at the time?????? :shakehead

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
moosefan said:
Michalek has proven in the NHL and AHL for the time he did play that he has some great offense and I think Olesz is the same.
And the time that he did play is not enough to even include the word "proven." A whopping total of 2 NHL games, and 7 AHL games.

Randall Graves*

I doubt LA regrets taking tukonen over him, I doubt Carolina regrets taking Ladd over him and I doubt Florida regrets taking Olesz over him.

Randall Graves*

The draft is a crapshoot, most of these mid rounders people call "steals" likely will never play in the NHL.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I agree that Tukonen is going to be good, and maybe Enver Linsin and if he can put together his game Wes O'Neill along with Ladislav Smid and a few others but...

Roman Voloshenko?

His skating I heard isn't as bad as people report it...

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
DoobieDoobieDo said:
I agree that Tukonen is going to be good, and maybe Enver Linsin and if he can put together his game Wes O'Neill along with Ladislav Smid and a few others but...

Roman Voloshenko?

His skating I heard isn't as bad as people report it...

Offtopic, but man, I WORSHIPPED those old Bud Ice commercials. :yo:

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
RallyKiller said:
The draft is a crapshoot, most of these mid rounders people call "steals" likely will never play in the NHL.

Exactly people are getting worked up for no reason :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad