As a pro-PA guy: I would like to offically take Steve Nash up on his offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
The NBA's CBA expires after this season.

The players are not happy with the certain situation and on the other side the owners want to tie up the loopholes left from the last agreement ($2M exception is one of them)

A work stoppage is expected.

Actually, many don't expect a work stoppage. Respected NBA writer Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune analyzes the NBA situation in light of the NHL's today:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...16smith,1,5317821.column?coll=cs-home-utility

NHL needed a hard slapper like Oakley

February 17, 2005

My basketball highlight was one I didn't see but have heard plenty about. It was in January 1999, when it seemed the NBA was about to cancel the 1998-99 season because of a contract impasse.

It was a last players' meeting before it appeared Commissioner David Stern would be the first pro sports boss to cancel a season.

Last edited by a moderator:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I see where he is coming from, but it had to have sunk in to the players how much they gave up. They may have seen the light then, but there are new players for the NBAPA this time around. There is still going to be a lockout and that's the magic word before the labor war rages on. There was your share of media people who didn't think there would be any games missed this season.

chara

Mar 31, 2004
Real easy for Steve Nash to say. He hasn't lost an entire season of doing something that he loves to do.

The NHLPA can ill afford to lose another year, let alone be used by the NBAPA, who have yet to lose anything.

Cully9

Oct 15, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
I see where he is coming from, but it had to have sunk in to the players how much they gave up. They may have seen the light then, but there are new players for the NBAPA this time around.

If there are new players now, how is it sinking in that they gave up so much? The new players are accustomed to the current system, aren't they?

And let's not pretend that NBA players, by and large, are unhappy with their deal. The only reason there will be a lockout is because the owners want to tighten the loopholes and shorten the maximum length of guaranteed contracts, not because of players, en masse, being unhappy to earn an average of $5-million per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad