Confirmed with Link: [ARZ/MIN] Teemu Pulkkinen for Future Considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
He'll probably crack their lineup.

Doesn't have much quality up the middle feeding him pucks, though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It probably gives Pokemon the best chance at cracking a NHL lineup. He wouldn't have gotten it in MN. Hope he succeeds with a new opportunity.

Sucks for Iowa losing Downing and Pokemon back to back.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
In this case, it may be more appropriate to call it "Past Consideratons". This strikes me as a trade where Fletch gave them Teemu because Teemu wants out of Iowa, and because we just traded for Hanzal. I think it's safe to consider Teemu as a loose part of that deal. Maybe they had something in place verbally, or maybe Fletcher just did it to make Chayka feel good about trading with him. Despite what a lot of fans seem to want, GM's don't want to win or lose a trade and have the "loser" feel bad about his decisions, because GM's need to keep relationships good so that other GM's keep trading with them.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
the hawks didnt feel bad when they fleeced us on the leddy deal. i wish pulky the best , i was excited when he got here but he must not have fit with the wilds plans.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
What even classifies as future considerations lol?

Could be a ham samich, or could be a pick, or another player that needs a change of scenery. Sometimes it's just for the good of the player if he has no future in the organization.

Minor moves from GMCF this year:
AHL depth guy (Hagel) to Ott for future considerations.
Fringe NHL guy (Pokemon) to AZ for future considerations.
Loaned Gudbranson (ECHL for Wild) to Tor's AHL team.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
Could be a ham samich, or could be a pick, or another player that needs a change of scenery. Sometimes it's just for the good of the player if he has no future in the organization.

Minor moves from GMCF this year:
AHL depth guy (Hagel) to Ott for future considerations.
Fringe NHL guy (Pokemon) to AZ for future considerations.
Loaned Gudbranson (ECHL for Wild) to Tor's AHL team.

Understandable

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
the hawks didnt feel bad when they fleeced us on the leddy deal. i wish pulky the best , i was excited when he got here but he must not have fit with the wilds plans.

And has Fletcher ever traded with the Hawks since?

Besides, that doesn't really strike me as one team trying to fleece the other, just Barker busted hard and Leddy developed well. GM's try to typically make even trades. Sometimes parts of those deals don't work out, and one team "wins" because of it.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
In this case, it may be more appropriate to call it "Past Consideratons". This strikes me as a trade where Fletch gave them Teemu because Teemu wants out of Iowa, and because we just traded for Hanzal. I think it's safe to consider Teemu as a loose part of that deal. Maybe they had something in place verbally, or maybe Fletcher just did it to make Chayka feel good about trading with him. Despite what a lot of fans seem to want, GM's don't want to win or lose a trade and have the "loser" feel bad about his decisions, because GM's need to keep relationships good so that other GM's keep trading with them.

Yeah, this could be the reason that an Arizona 4th rounder was coming back our direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad