Arvidsson update

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Glad arvid is healing up. Back injurys are no joke.

Just what we need a small, aging winger with injury issues that has trouble defensively

Reactions: Lt Dan

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Arvidsson's return will actually be pretty huge for this team. We're missing a right-shot threat, period. We only have three two forwards on the entire roster right now that shoot right-handed: Kaliyev, Laferriere, and Lewis.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Arvidsson's return will actually be pretty huge for this team. We're missing a right-shot threat, period. We only have three forwards on the entire roster right now that shoot right-handed: Kaliyev, Laferriere, and Lewis.
Kaliyev's a lefty.

But he'll probably be sat so Fagemo can come up soon.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009

Kaliyev's a lefty.

But he'll probably be sat so Fagemo can come up soon.
Yep, you guys are right. I was browsing Hockey Reference, who had Kaliyev listed as a right-shot incorrectly. That's even worse, to be honest. It's a clear roster construction mistake. Laferriere's only on the roster because Arvidsson's out, so we knew going into the year that we only had effectively one right-handed shot, and now we have zero.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 11.09.55 AM.png

Reactions: King'sPawn

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
Arvidsson is not as good as you guys remember him to be. If the Kings are waiting for him to make the team better then they are in for a rude awakening.
He's miles better than our second-, third-, and fourth-line right wings. Excluding Kempe, our right wingers this year have combined for 16 goals and 14 assists. Through 33 games last year, Arvidsson had 9 goals and 15 assists. He's not going to save the season, but we're third in the league by points percentage right now. The season doesn't need saving right now, the guys have had a really successful first 40% of the year, even if many of us agree that they're looking like paper tigers.

I'd personally love if he was our third-best right wing, but we traded our second-best right winger over summer for Handzus PLD.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
You know what...sometimes all you need is the injection of a certain type of player at the right time and it does wonders for your playoff chances. Like adding Richards/Carter/Gaborik. You never know how that is gonna shake out.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
You know what...sometimes all you need is the injection of a certain type of player at the right time and it does wonders for your playoff chances. Like adding Richards/Carter/Gaborik. You never know how that is gonna shake out.

I think Arvidsson is HUGE for this team, he's always mega-missed when he's gone

tenacious right shot that's one of the best 5v5 creators int he league, totally underrated player, his trade was a TRUE blake gem, which is why all the shit that has followed is so mystifying. Maybe desperation vs. patience, who knows.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013

tenacious right shot that's one of the best 5v5 creators int he league, totally underrated player, his trade was a TRUE blake gem, which is why all the shit that has followed is so mystifying. Maybe desperation vs. patience, who knows.
I feel like I need the adult equivalent of a pacifier to get through the rest of this season.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

It was Blake having a ton of assets and him taking advantage of Nashville's position leading into the expansion draft. Took a flier on a guy that was underperforming/injury plagued. Kind of like DL with Williams.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
It was Blake having a ton of assets and him taking advantage of Nashville's position leading into the expansion draft. Took a flier on a guy that was underperforming/injury plagued. Kind of like DL with Williams.
Works even better when you get the high character/leader types. Which is a head scratcher on Dubois. They had to have done a lot of due diligence, right? Who in the organization knows him well? Or is it strictly because of Pat Brisson?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

When he’s tenacious he’s really good but you have to be realistic, Arvidsson is more often than not just a normal player. I have a hard time seeing him be a difference maker.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
When he’s tenacious he’s really good but you have to be realistic, Arvidsson is more often than not just a normal player. I have a hard time seeing him be a difference maker.
He is a guy with a shot first mentality, good on the cycle and has a very underrated passing ability. He is a less skilled but smarter Fiala. He is a great middle six player that has proven he can play with Danault

Yes he might not be the biggest brightest star that is 100 % effective in every game but he is a massive offensive injection in the middle 6 and it doesn’t cost any prospects to add him.

If he is ready at the trade deadline, that should save Blake from using picks and prospects to try and add offensive scoring depth which is another positive

Reactions: 21Dog

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
He's a 60 point guy basically.. thats nothing to sneeze at really.. a step below Fiala but getting paid 4.2m - so very good value.

Reactions: Omni Owl and 21Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad