Article: Players Misled Lemieux

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakota

May 18, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Weary said:
Do you really expect any better from Bettman? Petty and deceptive are his calling cards it appears.

Bettman is the one who remained professional throughout the period and Goodenow is the one who acted otherwise.... "Gary's fault, Gary should be apologizing"... etc., if you cannot see how professional and classy Bettman has been throughout this and unprofessional Goodenow has been review all the press conferences objectively. The PA has been bad mouthing Bettman all over the place...

AlexandreDaigle

Oct 9, 2003
Sometimes I wonder if some of the hardcore PA posters here (particularly the ones with only a few hundred posts) are actually NHL players.

It's not like most of them have anything better to do.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
dakota said:
Bettman is the one who remained professional throughout the period and Goodenow is the one who acted otherwise.... "Gary's fault, Gary should be apologizing"... etc., if you cannot see how professional and classy Bettman has been throughout this and unprofessional Goodenow has been review all the press conferences objectively. The PA has been bad mouthing Bettman all over the place...

This is exactly right.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
I'm tired of hearing how L and G were mislead and humiliated. Who cares! They are 40 year old adults who can take care of themselves. I see no sense in which they were humiliated. Misled? It makes no difference to anything. This whole top is irrelevant to everything.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
dakota said:

Spot on assessment

Goodenow deflected the questions to ‘the other side’ on many instances within his press conferences.

ti-vite

Jul 27, 2004
Dr Love said:
Common sense doesn't exist in sports.

If that is true, then the players and owners will re-sign the same CBA as the previous with no modifications in april 2006 when the 2005-2006 will be be lost.

That in my opinion is the opposite of comon sense. Lets hope this is wrong.

:cry:

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
One word

The Messenger said:
That is well put ...

I see it similar .. There are two lines in the Lemieux Article that support this ..

1) "The only way that Wayne and I would have gotten involved is because we believed there was a new proposal coming from the Players' Association," Lemieux told the Post-Gazette. "We were told by some of the players we were talking to that there would be a new proposal on the table at the $45 (million) level."

2) Lemieux also acknowledged that if the union did make the $45 million offer, he's not sure it would have been accepted by the league.

Two completely different things ..

The Union came to try to save the season and likely would have offered the 45 M but came to negotiate on the other issue.. Salary Arbitration, Revenue Sharing etc ..

If Lemieux is mad because the NHLPA did not offer 45 Mil and if the NHL had no intentions of accepting it then why where Gretzky and Lemieux there in the first place ..

YOU NAILED IT

The union was ready to negotiate -- the league wasn't. Gretzky and Lemieux get embarassed.

Based on Lemieux own words that was always the expected outcome by the NHL..and saving the season was never a NHL thought ..

Lemieux last quote should have been Wayne and I came here with the thought that the OWNERS were WILLING to meet at 45.0 and when NHLPA offered the 45.0 the season could have been saved, and Bettman hinted at the same 45.0 when he cancelled the season... He would have every right to be mad if the Owners were willing to meet in the middle and the NHLPA did not budge .. and offer 45.0 as Mario and Wayne were promised .. but this had no chance from the beginning of working out and the NHL thought the Union was coming to surrender and they read that all wrong .. ..

Saskin's last words we are farther apart now then before .. Is that what you would expect if both sides intended to strike a deal and save a season ???

Blinders.

SENSible1*

AM said:
Blinders.
He doesn't have blinders on.

He knows the stuff he's typing is total BS, but since it suits his agenda he posts it anyways. Someone with blinders wouldn't even know they were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->