OT: Arthur Staple

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Hey Guys, just wanted to let you all know that Arthur Staple will be on my Radio Show tonight at 6:40 PM. You can watch/listen live on the Sportsonthego1 FB Page, Sportsonthego1.com, Twitter, Periscope and the RadioTuneIn App. Also, encourage all you to call in and talk Isles with me. 631-676-2968. Don’t be shy!!

Reactions: Tavares Is A Leaf

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
I tried to listen while in the car, but Arthur's audio was too low. Anything new come out?

Not really, just said that Ho-Sang very well could knock a vet out of the lineup if he earns it, high on Toews, Lehner is the question mark, and doesn’t think Isles would part with what Sens/Jackets would want in return for Panarin/Karlsson

Reactions: LordNeverLose

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
Hey Guys, just wanted to let you all know that Arthur Staple will be on my Radio Show tonight at 6:40 PM. You can watch/listen live on the Sportsonthego1 FB Page, Sportsonthego1.com, Twitter, Periscope and the RadioTuneIn App. Also, encourage all you to call in and talk Isles with me. 631-676-2968. Don’t be shy!!
Do you have a link to that show? Not sure how to find it. thank you

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not really, just said that Ho-Sang very well could knock a vet out of the lineup if he earns it, high on Toews, Lehner is the question mark, and doesn’t think Isles would part with what Sens/Jackets would want in return for Panarin/Karlsson

Toews is the prospect I am most intrigued by.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Hey Ziggy, any link I can listen to ?

Hey, so I believe all the recorded shows are on the RadioTuneIn App to listen to but not sure how to link it. They are also posted on the Sportsonthego1 FB Page afterwards. Here is the link to the show with Arthur Staple from Thursday.

Next Thursday we got Craig Button from TSN/NHL Network and Friday Steve Cangelosi

Reactions: IODCPiper

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
Hey, so I believe all the recorded shows are on the RadioTuneIn App to listen to but not sure how to link it. They are also posted on the Sportsonthego1 FB Page afterwards. Here is the link to the show with Arthur Staple from Thursday.

Next Thursday we got Craig Button from TSN/NHL Network and Friday Steve Cangelosi

Is this a daily show or weekly?

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
It’s Thursday’s from 6:30 PM to 8 and Friday’s 5:30 PM to 7

This week we have Craig Button from TSN/NHL Network and Devils Radio Play by Annoucer Matt Laughlin. Friday we have Devils MSG Play by Play Announcer Steve Cangialosi
Thank you.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I’m confused, but apparently art will cover the rags as well now.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I’m confused, but apparently art will cover the rags as well now.

He’s not covering anyone anymore, he’s turning into The Athletic’s NY hockey columnist. He will be offering more opinions and (potentially) analysis for both teams instead of ‘reporting’ facts.

I assume this is due to the Rags guy Carpinello retiring.

Sounds like The Athletic will be hiring a NYI ‘reporter’ to be more of the day-to-day guy like how Andrew Gross is for Newsday.

I assume most guys on the ‘beat’ would prefer to work from home and write more opinionated columb/pieces that allow them to flex their creative juices and what not so good for Arthur.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
He’s not covering anyone anymore, he’s turning into The Athletic’s NY hockey columnist. He will be offering more opinions and (potentially) analysis for both teams instead of ‘reporting’ facts.

I assume this is due to the Rags guy Carpinello retiring.

Sounds like The Athletic will be hiring a NYI ‘reporter’ to be more of the day-to-day guy like how Andrew Gross is for Newsday.

I assume most guys on the ‘beat’ would prefer to work from home and write more opinionated columb/pieces that allow them to flex their creative juices and what not so good for Arthur.

Didn't the Post add a NYI beat writer too so we don't have to read Walker's stuff anymore?

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Does this mean he'll stop the 'No Sleep Till Belmont' pod?

First few this season with Grabs have not been great (sorry Gremlin but you're not entertaining podcast host material) but I used to like when AJ was on weekly in the past.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS

First few this season with Grabs have not been great (sorry Gremlin but you're not entertaining podcast host material) but I used to like when AJ was on weekly in the past.
Agreed. Some ex-players have insight and are interesting, some are not.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
So Does Staple wanna be the next Larry Brooks, but only for paying subscribers to the Athetic to bear witness to?
:sarcasm:

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013

Strong agree. Grabner was a cool Islander but he’s not particularly familiar with the team and doesn’t exactly have a wealth of stories from teams we want to remember.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad