Arthur Griffiths: BOG meeting Wed/Thur this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
Just now on Mojo (Vancouver), Arthur Griffiths called in (which is odd in and of itself, since he recently left the station to join a competing station in Vancouver), and at the tail end of his call, the host asked him if he knew anything about a possible date for getting this CBA done. He said that he knew that there is a governors meeting scheduled "for Wednesday Thursday of this week." I state it that way becaue that's the way he said it... not clear whether he meant Wednesday, Thursday, or both days. Has anyone else seen it confirmed in print that the BOG is meeting this week?

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
More lawyers to speed up the drafting process

The CBA discussions are back on again today in New York. The talks are suppose to last all week, the participants will be Daly, Saskin, Batterman and McCambridge, with the addition of more lawyers for both sides. The reason for the extra lawyers is to speed up the process of completing the documented CBA, as they want it done by Thursday as they could run into legal problems with free agents on July 1st. I'm sure some fans are still concerned about why the talks are taking so long but one person close to the talks said "we are further along then the NBA is and they announced a deal already, we won't announce anything until it is written in stone." The NBA announced a resolution to their new CBA last week, however they just have a verbal agreement and haven't met to write anything up. Take that as a good sign for the NHL.

http://www.mojoradio.com/news/toron...923aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=toronto_sports.cfm

Grandpabuzz

Oct 13, 2003
Dallas, Texas
So basically the CBA is done just some fine print, they will vote on it Wed-Fri and if everything goes well we should have Press Conference on Saturday!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Grandpabuzz said:
So basically the CBA is done just some fine print, they will vote on it Wed-Fri and if everything goes well we should have Press Conference on Saturday!

Not Saturday.It's 4th of July weekend here.How does next Tuesday or Wednesday sound :)

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
This is a strange quote from Arthur, he used to be an owner, so he must have some sources, although if it is actually true it would be huge news and for him to say it so casually is what is throwing me off. Anyone been following his track record on CBA news? I can't remember if he's been accurate on other rumors before.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
struckmatch said:
This is a strange quote from Arthur, he used to be an owner, so he must have some sources, although if it is actually true it would be huge news and for him to say it so casually is what is throwing me off. Anyone been following his track record on CBA news? I can't remember if he's been accurate on other rumors before.
That's actually what caught my attention. I specifically remember a while back (it's been months now, and I don't remember exactly when... this whole mess kind of runs together), when he was still on Mojo, he was about the only person reporting that a BOG meeting was to be taking place on a Wednesday, I believe. It was not being talked about among the rest of the media at all. He does seem to still be connected on the owners side.

starsgal09

May 1, 2005
ColoradoHockeyFan said:
That's actually what caught my attention. I specifically remember a while back (it's been months now, and I don't remember exactly when... this whole mess kind of runs together), when he was still on Mojo, he was about the only person reporting that a BOG meeting was to be taking place on a Wednesday, I believe. It was not being talked about among the rest of the media at all. He does seem to still be connected on the owners side.

He sure was able to get just about any person on for an interview in the NHL when he had that show. I miss it. Thank goodness for the internet.

Munchausen

The reason for the extra lawyers is to speed up the process of completing the documented CBA

Sure, add more lawyers, that'll speed things up... :sarcasm:

Radek27

May 19, 2004
NJ
I have a feeling they are shooting for Thursday if that goveners meeting thing is true. Oh my god this might actually be over in less than 4 days! :bow: :yo: :D :jump:

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Wednesday they will hold the BOG, and Thursday they will give the NHLPA what they came up with. The NHLPA will hold its vote on Friday-Sunday on its website. They finish it up on Monday and give the NHL its info, deal is signed on Monday of next week.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
itd be funny if the PA votes it down, they spent all this time and money on lawyers to write up a document that goes into the garbage can.

Spungo*

Scugs said:
Wednesday they will hold the BOG, and Thursday they will give the NHLPA what they came up with. The NHLPA will hold its vote on Friday-Sunday on its website. They finish it up on Monday and give the NHL its info, deal is signed on Monday of next week.

Coo-Coo! Coo-Coo! :propeller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad