Confirmed with Link: Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte, 6th (17) to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg, 5th (18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I'm thinking you're right on the money.

The big question is Panarin w/o Kane/Toews et al any better than Saad without them?
Panarin proved on Worlds he doesn't need Kane to be god.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
My issue is.. we had Saad locked up for 4 more years.. Panarin only has 2 more years left on his deal.

Of course I'm thinking worst case scenario and he doesn't want to resign here.. LOL

Why wouldn't he ? We will be making steady runs for the cup in 2 years . This isn't the old jackets

theD86

Winging it
Jun 23, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Follow
Jay Zawaski ✔ @JayZawaski670
Can confirm Saad for Panarin is a done deal. Other pieces moving as well.
12:19 PM - 23 Jun 2017
260 260 Retweets 153 153 likes

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Pretty straight up hockey trade at the top. barring unforseen we should get Saad like numbers or better from Pannarin. With Korpi firmly entrenched in Cbus after expansion draft Forsberg had to move on. For me Motte is the wildcard here. Did we win Motte better than Forsberg? Motte played 33 games last year for Chi, with 4 goals, 7 pts. He's 5'9 188 22yo. played big10 hockey at Mich, 2 years at Rockford. Good add for Monsters. destined 4th line duty somewhere down the road?

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
CBJ just seriously upgraded their skill level.

If you hadn't heard, the NHL is cracking down on slashing and they expect the first 1/2 of the season to be full of power plays as teams adjust to the new rules. I am pretty sure Panarin is going to put up a TON of PP points.

Reactions: Palm Tree

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
correct me if I'm wrong but I think Saad was CBJ's best 5-5 player last year

Jackets have been solid 5v 5 for pst couple years . To me , Saad never took the next step , and was invisible quite a bit . Finally we have a game breaking talent . Someone that can create offense and can bury his shot

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Montreal fans here.

Wow.

Good job. Kekalainen is killing it.

You guys have top offensive weapon, great great defensive and Bob is insanely good.

Columbus is now a top team in the east for sure.

My favorite team after Montreal ! :)

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
Sorry to see Anton go. If it wasn't for him, the Monsters don't win the Calder Cup last season. Korpisalo choked on it big time in the second round, and Anton ran the table. Good luck to him.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
This is filthy how are some of you guys against this?

"He won't score without the Blackhawks", I mean Saad did just fine with us and I think the Breadman is better than Saad.

I'm so happy.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
correct me if I'm wrong but I think Saad was CBJ's best 5-5 player last year

By Percentage measure he was (% of Goals for/(goals for + goals against). Raw goals for per 60 min. 5v5 was........drumroll please..................Hartnell.

Saad started out like a house of fire last season, but tailed off badly in the final months.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...500&teamid=8&type=goals&sort=F60&sortdir=DESC

Interesting trade. Certainly unexpected. I guess what some are saying about a Saad/Torts rift is probably true along with the Blackhawks doing a "get the band back together/glory days" move.

I thought Saad was pretty bad most of the time the last few months. He could be invisible when he was off. He brought nothing to the game physically and he has scored 52,53 and 53 points in his last three years so it might be fair to say that he's peaked.

My initial response is that I'm in favor of it. Plus Bob needs more Russian friends.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I look away for just a few minutes to work on actual gainful employment type work and THIS happens? :eek:

Lateral move at worst, I think. Dayum.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
So many factors to this trade.

What went on between Saad and Torts?
How did Saad's lack of production in the playoffs effect things?
Did Kane and Toews really give Chicago's GM a request?
How will Panarin play away from Anisimov and especially Kane?
Can Panarin be THE guy on offense?

These are rhetorical questions, by the way. I think Panarin will have good chemistry with Wennberg (and Wennberg > Anisimov).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad