Artemi Panarin Likely Cover Athlete for NHL 22 (Edit: NVM ITS MATTHEWS AGAIN? LOLLLL)

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
I wonder if more people are upset over the cover because it’s Matthews and not that it’s his second time.

Not so much that it’s Matthews or the second time, but it’s the second time in THREE years. Has EA done that before with any series?

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
If you care enough about the series that you care who is on the cover then you aren't who EA had in mind when they made this decision

They picked Matthews again because he's one of the most marketable players in the league

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
I don't really care for him but he's probably top 3...

He's arguably the best US player right now and plays for the team with the biggest fanbase in Canada. Just lead the entire league in goals and was runner up for the hart. Doesn't hurt that he's got some high profile celebrity friends either.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
If you care enough about the series that you care who is on the cover then you aren't who EA had in mind when they made this decision

They picked Matthews again because he's one of the most marketable players in the league
Even if he is, it looks kinda lame having the same guy on the cover twice in three years. It's like since we're the least popular of the major sports we only have one notable player to use, instead we should be making more players become notable.

Reactions: donghabs98

Cornwallace

Jun 24, 2021
Even if he is, it looks kinda lame having the same guy on the cover twice in three years. It's like since we're the least popular of the major sports we only have one notable player to use, instead we should be making more players become notable.
I'd agree, but it's also just the cover. I stopped caring about who was on it after they went on that run of blackhawks/bruins lol.

We also don't know who turned the cover down. Some players just don't want to be a shill for EA.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad