Value of: Artem Anisimov at the Draft.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Hawks have plenty of forward depth and are really lacking in quality Dman able to play in the league right now. So Id think if Stan would move him it would be for a young(ish) D who can hop right in the line up and or draft pick.

His full NMC falls off to a Limited NMC this summer I believe...

What would your team offer for Anisimov?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd have an interest as a Leaf (and Chicago) fan but not sure what the Leafs could offer up for Anisimov as they are also needing defense.

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
Id try for a First round pick if I couldnt get a NHL ready Dman if I were Stan. But Id settle for maybe a 2nd plus a lower level prospect/pick.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Hawks will not sell off Anisimov for 50c on the dollar as they have more than enough cap space to keep him.

He did have a worse year than his first two in Chicago, but he didn't have much consistency with regard to linemates, played with basically bottom 6 guys for most of year. He's a solid 3C, good for 20G and ~40-45pt, plays PP/PK, can play a 2C role if required.

They'll be looking for a B prospect + 2nd or a roster player (preferably NHL ready D that can play 2LHD/3LHD)+ later pick imo. Probably leaning toward the former as they don't have a 2nd this year due to the Danault trade in 2016.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hawks will not sell off Anisimov for 50c on the dollar as they have more than enough cap space to keep him.

He did have a worse year than his first two in Chicago, but he didn't have much consistency with regard to linemates, played with basically bottom 6 guys for most of year. He's a solid 3C, good for 20G and ~40-45pt, plays PP/PK, can play a 2C role if required.

They'll be looking for a B prospect + 2nd or a roster player (preferably NHL ready D that can play 2LHD/3LHD)+ later pick imo. Probably leaning toward the former as they don't have a 2nd this year due to the Danault trade in 2016.

Andreas Borgman might be of interest, our left side of defense is loaded (Rielly, Gardiner, Dermott). Physical, can skate for a big man, currently refining his game with the Marlies and making good progress. Likely needs a pick coming along with him.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'd like the Hawks to get a faster, younger 3C for Anisimov. Trade in AA's net front and 2-way game for more of a finesse player as his replacement.

Or a 1st (or 2nd with B level prospect).

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You're up, Montreal.

Andrew Shaw and Karl Alzner for Brent Seabrook and Artem Anisimov.

Jay haller

Oct 22, 2017
Better. They're taking Seabrook's contract.

Alzner and Shaw combined is worse. Because,

A. There is no real salary benefit as alzner is signed just as long as seabrook
B. Shaw eats a roster spot for 3 or more years.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Alzner and Shaw combined is worse. Because,

A. There is no real salary benefit as alzner is signed just as long as seabrook
B. Shaw eats a roster spot for 3 or more years.
The Blackhawks' cap benefit would be...

2018/19 2.9m
2019/20 2.9m
2020/21 2.9m
2021/22 (1.65m)
2022/23 6.875m
2023/24 6.875m

So one would argue that it's a little bit of a benefit for the Hawks financially. It also rids them of a buyout-proof contract. While Seabrook isn't done just yet--the reason Montreal even considers this deal--his effectiveness isn't what it used to be and it likely won't get much better as the contract progresses, especially when the Hawks don't have many guys pushing him down the depth chart, which ultimately leads to more minutes for Seabrook.

And the two players Chicago return fill roles they require players for. Their depth at LD is less than impressive and Alzner is a shutdown-type D who never misses any time. Shaw would likely be a welcomed returnee on their bottom six considering the decent return they got for him just two seasons ago.

Sorry, I don't see the negativity for Chicago in this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->