Waived: Arron Asham and Martin Biron (10/20: Biron announces his retirement on Twitter)

savebyrichter94

CALM LIKE A BOMB
Sep 14, 2008
PA
One of the great personalities in the game, a true professional and awesome team guy! All the best Marty, thanks for your dedication, enjoy the next chapter of your life!

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Who's getting the opportunity to grab the backup role now? Anyone waiting in the wings, or will a veteran like Hedberg be sought after?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
On a side not i hope the next time the rangers play SJ someone buries hertl into next week (in a clean way of course) the hertl retired biron jokes got old about 40000 jokes ago.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Biron was a great part to the team during his first two seasons here. He started to decline last year. I can't blame him for the SJ debacle because nobody bothered to show up, but that St. Louis game was really poor.
I think he would've remained if the team didn't play like such a colossal pile of poo as a whole.

It's tough to see him go. Hopefully he'll land a gig on TSN or NBC.

Happy retirement, Marty.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Maybe the Rangers could hire Marty back as an assistant for SO advice. Afterall, this team doesn't have enough assistant coaches.

Cam Talbot will be our backup, at least for now.

And suddenly a sixth and a fifth round pick over 6 years begins to bite the Rangers back. Couldn't see this one coming.:help:

Forget McIlrath/Fowler, I'd like to have Jack Campbell right about now!!!

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Sounds like Marty was planning to retire after this season. He had a hard time leaving his family behind to join the Rangers in September. In fact,Marty enjoyed the family time during the lockout. He has a TV job waiting for him.

Biron said he came to training camp last month thinking this could be his final year.

“Go and enjoy it,†was his outlook, but he found “it was harder than I thought it was going to be because more and more of my heart was back home.â€

Biron acknowledged that he would probably join a Canadian network as a hockey commentator, but for now, he said, his life is about his children and helping his wife with her décor shop.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/22/s...sion-to-retire.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=1&

Marty will have a long career on TSN or Sportsnet or CBC.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Sounds like Marty was planning to retire after this season. He had a hard time leaving his family behind to join the Rangers in September. In fact,Marty enjoyed the family time during the lockout. He has a TV job waiting for him.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/22/s...sion-to-retire.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=1&

Marty will have a long career on TSN or Sportsnet or CBC.

I had a feeling that was the case. The guy has made quite a bit of money over his career and if they have businesses, there is no reason for him to continue if he has other jobs waiting for him.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Hi -

I hope it's okay i posted in this thread - it seemed like the most sensible one.

Hawks fan - who lives in Toronto - just wanting to let you know that Biron was one of the panelists on TSN tonight during the Habs/Blues game (which was the TSN national game). He was really great - I hope he finds permanent broadcasting work.

He commented on Hertl's 'dangle' (if you will) goal on him) - he said that in the immediate seconds after he was kind of mad - but then was mad at himself for not stopping it.

Anyway, like i said - he was a fantastic panelist and someone who should be able to find immediate work in media/broadcasting.

i haven't checked the tSN website, but they usually post their panel segments - so it might be his intermission panel appearance ends up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad