Waived: Arron Asham and Martin Biron (10/20: Biron announces his retirement on Twitter)

BarbaraAlphanse

The aswer is YES. Out of the window. Stop arguing with kids. They want 1st line players everywhere.

Oh my bad. Our seasoned vets are really showing dividends aren't they?

No no. It seems that losing in the manner we have, consistently, shouldn't warrant change?

We got Boyle and Pyatt on the 2nd line y'all. Throw offensive ability out the window just so we can try and mitigate our losses.

94 now? 94 team had talent above all. Ignorant statement bro.

BarbaraAlphanse

Fair enough. I wouldn't be too adverse to that.

I do think its short-sighted, at this point, to bring up 2 kids that have had trouble on the defensive side of the puck and add them to a team devoid of any defense.

From a roster spot, its stuck between a rock and a hard place. Guys like Pyatt stink, and guys like Miller and Kreider could use seasoning. Any choice is a mistake. What a nice position for AV. Welcome to NY.

I mean Kreider and Miller aren't the best options in general.

Boyle and Pyatt aren't the worst options in general.

We're 1-4. I'm not advocating to bring up the kids for the sake of bringing up the kids. Clearly the personnel we have now isn't successful. To make it worse, it's not close to being successful... we're being blown out of the water by some of these teams.

Our defense has looked so bad because everyone is chipping in to try and score a goal. We go down early in game and then the defense has to push up the entire game which leaves odd man rushes and blown assignments.

We can't score because we don't have the talent up.

Don't want Kreider? Fine. I like him because I got to see him his 3 years at BC. But then why not trade him for someone that can score? Why not try and get Zibnejad? Or why not shop around and see if someone can offer something we need in place of him? Nothing is being done to change what's happening.

What's happening isn't good. There's no end in sight. We need more offense. Period.

On the 2nd line, I understand the concept of not throwing out defensive responsibility, but you need offensive talent there. Not who's the all around more complete player who's less likely to get scored on.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
Oh no. I love Boyle. Want him on the 4th line.

Love Zucc. Want him on the 3rd line.

Frustrated beyond belief with Pouloit. As every other team he's been on has been. So much skill, never puts it together.

Knew what to expect from Pyatt. He doesn't do much of anything.

Want Pyatt and Pouloit gone. Boyle shifted to 4th line with Moore and Dorsett.

Miller and Kreider with Callahan. Hags with Stepan and Nash. Richards with Zucc and Brassard.

^^^^^ This is what this team needs to go foward

Bardof425*

Oh no. I love Boyle. Want him on the 4th line.

Love Zucc. Want him on the 3rd line.

Frustrated beyond belief with Pouloit. As every other team he's been on has been. So much skill, never puts it together.

Knew what to expect from Pyatt. He doesn't do much of anything.

Want Pyatt and Pouloit gone. Boyle shifted to 4th line with Moore and Dorsett.

Miller and Kreider with Callahan. Hags with Stepan and Nash. Richards with Zucc and Brassard.

A winning strategy; like it. I would give Pouliot more time before moving him but if he's in the lineup he needs to be on the 3rd line. I would also like to see Fast get a chance with linemates that have some skill to see what would happen.

BarbaraAlphanse

A winning strategy; like it. I would give Pouliot more time before moving him but if he's in the lineup he needs to be on the 3rd line. I would also like to see Fast get a chance with linemates that have some skill to see what would happen.

Fast outplayed Kreider during preseason. Would give him look w Cally and Miller first.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
. Boyle shifted to 4th line with Moore and Dorsett.

I like this for the most part. Kreider Miller Callahan looked pretty good last year when they were together. I feel like Zuke would need to be replaced with a winger who can score some goals though (which we don't have right now)

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Richards-Brassard-Callahan
Kreider-Miller-Zuccarelo/Fast
Pouliot-Boyle-Haley

Dorsett

What's the problem with these lines?

And trade Moore. I never understand that signing when Boyle is here and Richards was brought back. Even if the plan was never to have Miller a center in the NHL, you still have four centers with Lindberg at the Whale.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pouliot-Boyle-Haley

Dorsett

And trade Moore. I never understand that signing when Boyle is here and Richards was brought back. Even if the plan was never to have Miller a center in the NHL, you still have four centers with Lindberg at the Whale.

Pouliot has been worthless in the top 6. Hes extra worthless on the 4th line. Add Dorsett and I wouldn't have a major problem.

...even though I think that lineup would have still have problems generating and preventing goals, and I have zero idea what that 3rd line is trying to accomplish.

Last edited:

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
Oh my bad. Our seasoned vets are really showing dividends aren't they?

No no. It seems that losing in the manner we have, consistently, shouldn't warrant change?

We got Boyle and Pyatt on the 2nd line y'all. Throw offensive ability out the window just so we can try and mitigate our losses.

94 now? 94 team had talent above all. Ignorant statement bro.

AV is return of Renney's hockey to some extent. That means that lines would now have to have a distinct dedications so they can be matched with particular opponent's assets. Boyle, Pyatt and whoever else you want to play on 4th or just go away are supposed to form the line that should shutdown the oposition. They do not have to outplay the top 6 of the opponenet, but simply defend and keep the puck deep. Such line cannot play ony 5 min per game. They have to be at least 10-15 to match oposition time. That is 3rd line or 2nd depens of particular game unfold.
Boyle is our best defensive center. He is not Holik, but AV have no one better. He shown good stats in games on hand. Thus, he was on 2nd line with his wingers. He is new Betts, or Taylor, or Moore in his first stint here. Moore eventually will be centering 3rd, but not yet. the etam will have 2nd line eventually, but not yet. Taht is why we have to play not to lose. Because we are not there yet. You want to play to win? All of us do. Just wait.

Last edited:

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
With the #NYR unsure whether Marty Biron will report to Hartford (AHL), G Jeff Malcolm is assigned to the Wolf Pack from Greenville (ECHL).

https://twitter.com/AGrossRecord/status/390556568640442368

Malcolm on an AHL contract. Can't be brought up without being signed to an NHL contract. Rangers at 48 contracts. Donnay's contract will slide unless he plays in 10 NHL games. Missiaen and Stajcer on NHL contracts. Weak depth beyond Lundqvist and Talbot if Biron retires.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pouliot-Boyle-Haley

Dorsett

I actually like the lines, but Pouliot on the third line LW would work if Kreids isn't ready, and a fourth line of Pyatt-Boyle/Moore-Dorsett/Haley could be very good as well.... Unfortunately with Nash's longterm status unknown its all a pipedream right now. The third line might still be a bit of a defensive liability, but with the parts we have I think this might be one of the better sets as far as lines go.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Well first of all he led The Blue Jackets in scoring last year with a PPG score of 0,625, or 51 points in an 82 game year. Considerably ahead of household names like Gaborik, Anisimov, Brassard and Dubinsky.
On the Rangers he would have wound up around 4th/5th in scoring with those points.
Second he is pretty decent on the PP. Nuff said there, no?
Third, have you seen where the Rangers are now in scoring? How about this here?
We need offense. From wherever we can get it...

So what is there NOT to "get" - if he can come in for cheap and contribute?
Kids are not quite ready. No need to rush them... We have seen before where that leadeth.
If the slide continues - team will likely be blown up anyways. Signing him for cheap now & he could easily get us an asset at the deadline for nothing but money if that is the case. Win/win
Easy decision.

He's also soon 39 years old. His numbers will decline, especially in a full 82 game season (although of course he already missed some). So he'd probably slip to below 6th in scoring, which more or less makes him a bottom six forward on this team. I'd much rather play Kreider, Miller, Hrivik, Lindberg and Fast over Vinny. A washed up Prospal won't solve our scoring woes anyway.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
He's also soon 39 years old. His numbers will decline, especially in a full 82 game season (although of course he already missed some). So he'd probably slip to below 6th in scoring, which more or less makes him a bottom six forward on this team. I'd much rather play Kreider, Miller, Hrivik, Lindberg and Fast over Vinny. A washed up Prospal won't solve our scoring woes anyway.

Hrivik & Lindberg have never played an NHL game yet, so commenting how they might do right now on NHL ice is irrelevant.
The other 3 guys mentioned have put up the following numbers so far:
Chris Kreider 49 GP - 8 G - 4 A - 12 P - 0,24 PPG
JT Miller 27 GP - 2 G - 2 A - 4 P - 0,15 PPG
Jesper Fast 3 GP - 0 G - 0 A - 0 P - 0,00 PPG

Small sample size so far. Not the most impressive numbers if you want them to play in a top 6 role right now on a team said to be a contender. If you want to blow up the team and toss in the towel after 5 games --- well OK then. Then play the kids and tank

BarbaraAlphanse

Hrivik & Lindberg have never played an NHL game yet, so commenting how they might do right now on NHL ice is irrelevant.

Small sample size so far. Not the most impressive numbers if you want them to play in a top 6 role right now on a team said to be a contender. If you want to blow up the team and toss in the towel after 5 games --- well OK then. Then play the kids and tank

PPG is misleading. Kreider must have like 24 of those games playing 6 minutes or less.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007

Ok, but would Prospal play a top 6 role at this stage of his career and on this team? Once Hagelin is back, I'd say with Richards, Stepan, Hagelin, Nash, Brassard and Callahan, there are already six players who should play there before Prospal does. And then there is MZA who is said to be only efficient in a top 6 role. I just don't think Prospal should really play in our top 6. And for a 3rd line role I'd much rather give one of our prospects a chance, even though they haven't produced in the big league yet. You have to give them a chance at some time and not block any possible openings with players at the very end of their careers. And Prospal isn't exactly Jagr.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013

Setting up Zucc to be guaranteed a wavier spot. Feels to me he's the kind of guy that needs go-go guys to get his game started this season. Those who werent deemed good enough for the NHL yet won't be much help with that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad