Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Pens suck for a decade, get gifted Malkin and Crosby, and still can barely beat two budget teams, one of which came within one goal of beating them, the other came within a goal of getting to game 7 without their #1 center

Loser franchise no matter how many cups they win. Hate seeing utter incompetence get rewarded.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
We get **** on for our rope-a-dope and how "lucky" we got and then the Cup is won in this exact fashion. :laugh::laugh:

Congratulations to Pittsburgh but Nashville got robbed tonight.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
It's too bad Fleury and Murray couldn't share the Conn Smythe... without their goaltending; Fleury allowing the team to get past Washington and Murray a reason they won against Predators (minus game 5) the Penguins don't win, imo.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
I did not watch a single minute of the cup final. This is the first time i have not watched the celebration since 2006. (2006 is the one time i have no recollection of watching. I was 10 and watching hockey for the first time that year so i might be simply forgetting watching)

We got so close. IMO closer then in 2007. We got Pittsburgh to game 7 double OT. Seeing them win in 6 makes our lost hurt all over again for me. One lucky bounce vs the pens and we might be celebrating tonight.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Murray was the MVP for me. He saved the Penguins playoffs.

I couldn't watch, was the reffing ok or Pentastic?

Murray was the MVP of the final round; Fleury of round 2. Without their goaltending duo, Pens don't get past their first 2 rounds imo.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
So in the last 10 years, Pittsburgh won it 3 times, Chicago 3 times and LA twice.

Getting pretty boring

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Welp, everyone said we were lucky and had an easy road, and yet we were the best competition that the Pens faced.

Mixed feelings about this one...

So in the last 10 years, Pittsburgh won it 3 times, Chicago 3 times and LA twice.

Getting pretty boring

Nah, we're the boring one, remember? We're the team that bored everyone to death on our way to the ECF!

League wide parity boys, league wide parity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->