Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Pens are looking like human pylons in this series.

Other than the breakaway beauty, Crosby wasn't very efficient on important defensive zone draws, in one instance going to the bench with the Predators having full possession of the puck where the Pens almost got scored upon. He tried to set up Guentzel repeatedly, who had defenders converging on him as I believe the Preds D recognized that Crosby will either pass to Guentzel or someone at the point 90% of the time. Predictable rinse and repeat plays, as the Art Ross winner he should be shooting more.

Better effort from Crosby, nice goal, but otherwise inefficient. Game 5 is another must watch game.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Funny how series change, first it's how crappy they Preds are when the Penguins were up 2 - 0 & now that the tables have turned & the Preds have tied up the series it's how crappy the Penquins are. :laugh:

You have to give credit to both teams just for getting this far, it's the hardest trophy in sports & it takes 16 hard fought wins to get there to win it all. Not an easy task. And Ottawa was 5 wins away from winning the SC. :handclap:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Did anyone see the NHL 18 teaser? It shows Marner undressing Karlsson and putting the puck past Anderson in the net. **** you EA.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Haven't bought an NHL game in ages but didn't they give Ryan Suter a better overall rating than Karlsson a year or two ago in one of the games? Not exactly the brightest bunch developing those games...

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Haven't bought an NHL game in ages but didn't they give Ryan Suter a better overall rating than Karlsson a year or two ago in one of the games? Not exactly the brightest bunch developing those games...

Suter had a higher rating THIS year. That shows how incompetent they are

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
The final score probably won't end up this lopsided but a similar start for the Penguins tonight to game 5 against the Sens.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Maybe I was wrong on the score not getting as lopsided as the Sens game 5 prediction...

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
So Crosby "smashed" subbans head. That was nothing.

I never want to hear him whine about concussions again.

Also interesting that after his spear to O'Reilly, his slash on Methot, countless rule violations against us during our series, this is what finally lands him a penalty. Naturally it's only 2 minutes and offsetting.

He then later threw his water bottle on the ice from the bench during play and did not get a call.

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I can't believe how terrible Nashville is, if they pressured Pittsburgh's depleted D they would have won by now.

:sarcasm:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, what was Crosby thinking last night in what he did with Subban and again the water bottle? I like Crosby but really ? his moves last night. Oh and Pittsburgh will win Game 6 on Sunday.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
Yeah, what was Crosby thinking last night in what he did with Subban and again the water bottle? I like Crosby but really ? his moves last night. Oh and Pittsburgh will win Game 6 on Sunday.

His play on Subban was fine. If Subban doesn't want to let go of Crosby, then he has it coming.

Water bottle was an accident.

It's unfortunate how a great game by one of the GOAT was overshadowed by 2 measly plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->