Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I was screaming at my computer to take Kopitar when he fell to the Sens.

Can you imagine those Sens teams with a Spezza Kopitar combo at C?

Kopitar is amazing. He should be up for the Hart this year.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I was screaming at my computer to take Kopitar when he fell to the Sens.

Can you imagine those Sens teams with a Spezza Kopitar combo at C?

Lol imagine Kopitar humiliating the other team in his shutdown matchups by outscoring the other team's top dogs, while Spezza feasts on his matchups. Prime Fisher on the 3rd line... Ugh. Heck, you can just have Vermette-Fisher-Kelly matching against top lines while the other two lines confuse the *** out of the opposition as to who to put their shutdown guys against. Would probably be contending with the Hawks and Pens for most Cups in that 10 year period. Alas, every team has a bunch of those hindsight games I guess :(

Man, Kopitar and Alfie on the same team... One on each line. That's just beautiful. OK I'll stop now.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Said that they plan on offering Karlsson a contract on July 1st, mentioned a good chunk of submitted questions were about Karlsson's future and he's aware how big of an issue it is with the fanbase and wants to be as clear as he can that he will indeed be looking to sign him.

Now no one knows what type of offer he will get, but at least it seems they are at least aware how much this means to the fanbase.

Sens will offer him a hefty pay raise of $1M per year over what he's making now.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Said that they plan on offering Karlsson a contract on July 1st, mentioned a good chunk of submitted questions were about Karlsson's future and he's aware how big of an issue it is with the fanbase and wants to be as clear as he can that he will indeed be looking to sign him.

Now no one knows what type of offer he will get, but at least it seems they are at least aware how much this means to the fanbase.

The real interesting part of that comment is that, unless he's flat out lying to the STH's, Karlsson will still be on the Senators after the draft.

Reactions: Smash88

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Mika closing in on 30G this year.
source.gif

Reactions: Beville

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Yep about where most expected him to be ..I can see a 60 point season or 2 in his career..But a 45/ 50 point center is what he is

He has 44 points in 64 games this season and he already has a 51 point season under his belt. How the hell is his ceiling a 45/50 point center?

The guy is gonna manage to stay healthy one of these years and he's gonna put up a 35/35 season. It's gonna hurt like heck to watch that, but we're used to pain as Sens fans.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
He has 44 points in 64 games this season and he already has a 51 point season under his belt. How the hell is his ceiling a 45/50 point center?

The guy is gonna manage to stay healthy one of these years and he's gonna put up a 35/35 season. It's gonna hurt like heck to watch that, but we're used to pain as Sens fans.

He’ll put up better numbers if he manages to stay healthy over a full season, but you should know by now that 35+35 is out of reach for Zbad.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
He’ll put up better numbers if he manages to stay healthy over a full season, but you should know by now that 35+35 is out of reach for Zbad.

I'm probably the biggest Mika homer on HF, so no that's not something I know.

I mean, he woulda hit 35 goals this year no problem if not for health reasons.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'm probably the biggest Mika homer on HF, so no that's not something I know.

I mean, he woulda hit 35 goals this year no problem if not for health reasons.

Coulda woulda shoulda... pace means nothing until he actually does it, and he’s scored a large amount of his goals in the past two weeks when the games haven’t mattered.

I’m a big Mika fan too but we both know inconsistency is a major problem for him. He’s played over 400 games in the NHL now so his age and experience don’t excuse that anymore. We’ll see next season if he can maintain his pace over a full healthy season. I would love it if he does.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

He isnt and never will be the player you think he is....Far far too inconsistant...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->