Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Anyone seen the awful future watch hockey news edition? Leafs love fest. They get ranked the number 1 prospect pool, yet the sens have a player ranked better than every one of their prospects using the magazine's own rankings.

Not to mention the cover caption: "Plan the Parade: Toronto Will Win the Stanely Cup, it's Only a Matter of When and How Many". Blech.

Bought the magazine. Immediately ripped off the cover and crumpled it up in front of the cashier, "that's better".

This is like the hockey version of those cult leaders who keep predicting the end of the world

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Anyone seen the awful future watch hockey news edition? Leafs love fest. They get ranked the number 1 prospect pool, yet the sens have a player ranked better than every one of their prospects using the magazine's own rankings.

Not to mention the cover caption: "Plan the Parade: Toronto Will Win the Stanely Cup, it's Only a Matter of When and How Many". Blech.

Bought the magazine. Immediately ripped off the cover and crumpled it up in front of the cashier, "that's better".
Matthews/Marner/Nylander count towards the rankings I believe

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Life at the bottom... Detroit and Vancouver have 1 win in their last 10 each..

5OoBQS.jpg

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I was so glad when Detroit won last night. That was a rollercoaster.

Arizona vs Buffalo tonight is big... hopefully AZ wins a 3 pt game

AZ wins 2 pt game . Watched Habs vs Pens... Montreal is worse than us. Gallagher is their best forward.. Drouin and Galchenyuk are pretty frustrating players to watch.. Galchenyuk especially .. there is not much fight in that dog.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Crosby's goal... incredible. His hand-eye is out of this world. I think he could make a club sandwich with his hockey stick.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Crosby's goal... incredible. His hand-eye is out of this world. I think he could make a club sandwich with his hockey stick.

Maybe he could teach Anderson how to cut chicken with a hockey stick?

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
When your team is in a playoff race, whats really important is games in hand
When you are cheering for your team to tank, I think we need an equivalent but opposite term called 'games in the can'.

For example, Montreal has 64 pts in 74 games, Ottawa has 63 pts in 72 games.
So we are a point ahead but Montreal has two games in the can

Please use this going forward

Reactions: Benjamin

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Slow start but he's hot at the right time.

Eastern conference playoffs is going to be a dogfight.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I assume everyone saw the Cam Ward own goal with the puck stuck in his skate? Good times. And WHAT hockey skate company makes a goalie skate where a puck can get stuck in it? Never heard of that before.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I assume everyone saw the Cam Ward own goal with the puck stuck in his skate? Good times. And WHAT hockey skate company makes a goalie skate where a puck can get stuck in it? Never heard of that before.
That was seriously bizzare. Once in a lifetime thing I imagine

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Im actually super pumped about the playoffs. I love when the Sens are in, but also kind of appreciate the lower stress situation of just watching.

Toronto/Boston looks like its inevitable which should be great

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Did anyone listen to the Dorion conference call? Any updates from it? All I've seen so far from the tweeter is that Boucher and the coaches will be evaluated at the end of the season and that the team is looking to hire more scouts.

any additional information will be much appreciated!

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Did anyone listen to the Dorion conference call? Any updates from it? All I've seen so far from the tweeter is that Boucher and the coaches will be evaluated at the end of the season and that the team is looking to hire more scouts.

any additional information will be much appreciated!

Said that they plan on offering Karlsson a contract on July 1st, mentioned a good chunk of submitted questions were about Karlsson's future and he's aware how big of an issue it is with the fanbase and wants to be as clear as he can that he will indeed be looking to sign him.

Now no one knows what type of offer he will get, but at least it seems they are at least aware how much this means to the fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->