Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Somewhat interesting development around J. Dahlen -

1) He was initially supposed to spend the entire year in Utica.
2) Due to a bout with mono, the plan then changed (at Dahlens request) to: send him back to SWE1 until the new year and then bring him to NA.
3) Turned out, though, that Timra was/is in the midst of a really solid season - one that could see them earn a promotion to the SweHL. Unlike last year, where Dahlen had E. Petersson by his side, this year it is truly Dahlen's team: while his numbers are about the same as last year, he's doing it with a lot less help.
4) So, given his teams position and, clearly, some loyalty to the organization, Dahlen has committed to staying for at least the rest of the season.
5) Will he come to Utica when the season ends? If Timra is promoted, will he return for their inaugural SweHL season? Some of their fans are concerned. Personally, I wouldnt be too worried but I also wasnt worried about Wikstrand. So, who knows.

Anyways, I thought some folks would be interested in whats doing on with Dahlen and I had to read around a bit to find this info so I figured I'd streamline it a bit in one, single post.

Update, Mar 9:

Pettersson is incredible. After making a jump from Dahlen's line to SHL he's been rewriting record books for U20 players (he was still 18 when season started).
Here's the company he's in.
Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 12.55.14 PM.png

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Pettersson is incredible. After making a jump from Dahlen's line to SHL he's been rewriting record books for U20 players (he was still 18 when season started).
Here's the company he's in.
View attachment 103761

More wild is the fact that he had literally never played an SHL game before this season. All those guys other than Nilsson had 35-90 games at the SHL level (SEL then) before they had those huge seasons.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jost just scored on the PP for the Avs... he had 2 pts in 5 games he spent in the AHL
Avs are being patient with him 8 goals and 10 assists in 51 games ... Any worries about him being hurried? Hes getting about 15-16 minutes of icetime now. Oct. Nov. Dec. he was averaging about 12

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Those Nilsson and Forsberg seasons, man. Unreal.

To do what they did in only 36 and 39 games, respectively, is pretty insane.
I remember watching Kent Nilsson play for the Jets. Great player. His Jets team mates were also pretty darn good too.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Arizona - Vancouver game .. is a thrill a second.. possible lottery implications though... every little bit now helps

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Guess that game in hand is tonight. Oh well if you're going to have a bad season, might as well try to get a really early draft pick. Especially good given the talent at the top of the draft this year.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
This is more around the world

but jeesus look at what Tolvanen did in a playoff OT

kids looking like the next Kucherov.

Led his team in regular season scoring, finished 3rd in olympic scoring, now leads the KHL in playoff scoring

and he's still 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad